Has anybody here managed to withdraw from seroquel to another med

id like to ear from anybody who has withdrawn from Seroquel be it med free or to aother med
im sure I used to have a better memory and be sharper do you thinks meds are a chemical lobotomy or am I just being paranoid as usual?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s the same as a lobotomy, but they do make changes - for the worse - in mental functioning. Hopefully it’s reversible when you are able to to be off of them. Far future - better meds.

thanks pob I hope so been offered to change from Seroquel to Haldol but keep putting it off.
just to hear that its not a lobotomy helps me eel better so thanks.

I took a subclinical dose of Seroquel for two years as a sleep aid. It worked great as a sleep aid, but I feared it would lead to diabetes. So I stopped it. I don’t sleep as well now.

I joined AA in 1974. In the 1970’s I was at an AA Meeting in Connecticut sitting next to an older man whom I liked. During the discussion, I said, “I’d rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me.” At the break, the older fellow said to me that he’d had a frontal lobotomy. He was a sober AA member and an employed father of five children when I knew him. I asked my Dad about him, and he presumed he was telling the truth about the frontal lobotomy. Actually, my Dad had known several people who had had frontal lobotomies.

I understand one of Kennedy siblings had schizophrenia. They gave her a lobotomy and locked her up until she died of natural causes.

I take the meds. I am not one to judge or evaluate myself. But it seems I do well.

Jayster

1 Like

Seroquel was the first med I was on when I was sick for the first time, but it didn’t work for me so I switched to Zyprexa. I don’t remember how it affected me coming off, but I came off whilst in hospital so I was in a good environment.

1 Like

Hello all

Dandy, I was on seroquel for about a 7 months, taking half a pill each night for sleep. I ran out and have been taking gabepentin for sleep. It’s been about a month or so and no withdraw, although I miss the kind of sleep I would get while on seroquel.
So far its decent, being able to identify logically what is paranoia and SZ defiantly helps. Ways that helped me manage it. I being able to write, meditate, exerciser and medication…I have trouble with paranoia, and Audible knocking, disorganized thoughts.

let us know if its lobotomy or not or your doctor for that matter.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi dandydinmot,

I just wanted to say that I’ve been on both Haldol and Seroquel and that Haldol felt much more like a lobotomy (for me).

Also, my pdoc says he’s going to lower my Seroquel level soon – I’ll try to remember to let you know how it goes.

Best wishes.

hi captain thanks please do let me know how you get on we can support each other:)