Has anybody got TD?

I’ve developed a muscle spasm, whereby my thumb ‘twitches’. I’ll be talking to my doc soon. I hope it’s not TD.

2 Likes

Maybe speak to your doctor soon rather than later. If it is TD you want to get it seen to immediately. But it is most likely acute short term dyskinesia so I wouldn’t worry.

3 Likes

I doubt that it’s TD @everhopeful.

I get various twitches in different places from time to time.

You really should start worrying or being concerned if your mouth area is involved, especially your tongue.

I would keep an eye on it, if it continues then I would talk tour doctor.

2 Likes

I had it for awhile in the summer, turned out I was not drinking enough fluids and was dehydrated.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s a risk of TD from abilify

1 Like

Thanks for putting my fears somewhat to rest guys. I’ll be seeing my doctor next week, so that will get mentioned anyway.

2 Likes

People still can still get tardive dyskinesa caused by antipsychotics, and they are not all old women either. There are some YouTube videos which show what it is like. It is not very nice at all.
It was very common in the mental institutions years ago, when high doses of drugs like haloperidol and fluphenazine were used as a chemical straitjacket for disturbed patients, because no one wanted to look after them.

3 Likes

I’m now beginning to wonder if it’s due to benzo withdrawal. A lot of talk on “the internet” about twitching due to benzo withdrawal.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=41803.0

1 Like

On Abilify I got muscle twitches too. My fingers twitched like you and I got a mouth twitch. I think it’s known as an “extrapyramidal” side effect though I could be wrong. Doesn’t necessarily mean TD. Usually to get TD you need to be at a high dose of AP for many years. Luckily with new APs the incidence of developing TD is far lower.

3 Likes

Not yet but as soon as it starts in gonna stop taking the medicine. Same goes for diabetes, I’m not gonna let this stuff kill me.

My trigger finger twitches sometimes when I’m in bed. Not sure if that TD or just a reaction to being psychotic

1 Like

Well, I spoke to my doctor, and they said it wasn’t TD, and if I get concerned about it, I should talk to my regular doctor.

As I like to play doctor sometimes, I’m putting it down to clonaezpam withdrawal right now. :smile:

5 Likes

When I went on a carb free diet my thumbs twitched. Think it may have been a potassium problem.

1 Like

I use TD bank. Hope that’s the only TD I got coming my way

4 Likes

It’s Monday night around 830pm and now my thumb is starting to twitch also @everhopeful :smile:

Yeah, I have ED. I was embarrassed to talk about it for a long time, but now I’m okay with it. Wait…TD…oh crap.

Never mind…

2 Likes

Oh Geez! Maybe it’s catching!

1 Like