Happy Pentecost, tomorrow

Pentecost prayers

http://www.churchyear.net/pentprayers.html

1 Like
1 Like

not a lot of people believe this @mjseu

but happy pentecost from me, may all your prayers come true :wink:

I suppose it depends on societies, here where I am Pentecost is a national holiday and stores are closed, more one believes in prayers, more these become true in a person’s life.

1 Like

What is Pentecost?

1 Like

may the eternal holy fire light up each and everyones spirit and bring them closer to God through Jesus lord almighty, one and only Christ who died for us on that holy tree, a symbol of life and death and freedom from sin, take his fire upon your soul and let it burn brighter than a million stars, amen brothers and sisters of this forum, amen.

1 Like

The Coming of the Spirit.1* When the time for Pentecost was fulfilled, they were all in one place together.a2And suddenly there came from the sky a noise like a strong driving wind,* and it filled the entire house in which they were.b3Then there appeared to them tongues as of fire,* which parted and came to rest on each one of them.c4And they were all filled with the holy Spirit and began to speak in different tongues,* as the Spirit enabled them to proclaim.

Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful and enkindle in them the fire of Thy love. Send forth Thy Spirit and they shall be created. And Thou shalt renew the face of the earth.

Let us pray. O God, Who didst instruct the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Spirit, grant us in the same Spirit to be truly wise, and ever to rejoice in His consolation. Through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

i hope you have a good day :heart_eyes:
take care :alien:

When I read this I felt it in my chest. Thanks. It’s usually achieved by a guy I am in love with

1 Like

I was curious about several things I’d seen again and again among sz pts in the physical world. One of them was an extraordinary skew towards extreme religiosity often combined with absolutistic moral perfectionism.

The religiosity is not of any particular Protestant denomination, nor specifically Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Jewish or Islamic. (I have never seen sz pts claiming to be religious outside those four groups… but I’ve never been to India, and haven’t been in what is now China in decades.)

I wish I could provide a finite percentage of the phenomenon compared to what is seen in the general population, but I was struck by how often I saw it among the sz pts compared to how rarely I see it elsewhere.

1 Like