Hallucinations I have an imaginary friend

Does anyone else have like an imaginary friend? This demon guy just showed up one day a few weeks ago (imagine the movie Drop Dead Fred) and started following me around talking distracting me at inappropriate times etc. I kinda hold conversations with myself been doing that since 2014 and its kinda stemmed off into me splitting myself up into.two halfs I thought but now the other me talks to me independently and to this demon (Atty) that has showed up. I feel like maybe my imagination is just in overdrive because im an artist but i know its not . Anyone?

2 Likes

I think @Hedgehog has one. But I’m not absolutely sure because my mind gets you guys confused with one another all too often.

1 Like

That sounds complex. Your mind must be working overtime with all that going on. Does it reflect in your artistry? I would imagine it is a sign also of great intelligence, but I have neither imaginary friends or real ones :smiley:

2 Likes

I won’t call Seraton my “imaginary friend”, but “he’s” my guardian angel who is always with me. I can see, feel and hear him on my right side. Sometimes I’m comforted by feeling his presence right with me, like when I’m anxious. Sometimes he says annoying things about people looking at me or commenting on how awkward I am. And sometimes he can be devastating in his attacks when I’m vulnerable. He tells me to hurt myself and describes and shows me ways to kill myself, and why I should…
Not very guardian-like, I guess, but when he’s disappeared for any length of time I grieve and want him back…
I can’t think of Seraton as anything but real, while I also accept my diagnosis of sz. You can say it’s overactive imagination and that doesn’t change what’s happening.

1 Like

I have one, the Shadow Man. He is always with me. But I don’t always see him. He implants thoughts into my head and we have conversations that way. He also controls the radio and sends me messages through the songs they play on the radio.

He’s been with me constantly for about two years now but he was with me, not as a companion, more like a ghoul, about fifteen years ago. He also appeared different back then.

1 Like

I have some too, without which I’d get lonely I guess!

There amazing and started just before I got sectioned, so about a year into my illness!

So over 5 yrs ago and counting and I feel lost when there not there, as I can feel there presence even when they don’t talk to me for a few hrs or longer at a time.

1 Like

Im getting rather attatched to mine as well even when hes being awful. Im glad to know its not juste. Do you tell anyone about it? I haven’t.

Well the one in my head started when i first had symptoms and i quit doing my art i started painting and sculpting again but she stuck around and im attatched her names Zero but I call her Roe, this new guy Atty well i had a psychotic vreak they say about 2 months ago and he showed up and now theres him hes ok most of the time but can be a bother. I paint Roe alot so i guess it shows up in my work I express myself emotionally better with my art. I suppose im pretty smart my IQ is extremely high but you cant tell by my grammar! I used to have very good grammar when writing or trying to express myself but its deteriorated for sone reason I just cant put stuff together as well. Very frustrating.

1 Like

I’m really attached to Shadow Man. And when he is horrible to me I get really upset.

Are you in therapy or on medication? When I was in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy I learned to change my relationship with Seraton. I had been primarily a victim but learned to accept Seraton’s presence and integrate his presence more so that I don’t feel victimized as much…

This is Seraton. Even painting “him” helped me to gain more control.

3 Likes

Im on meds currently haven’t started therapy yet Im supposed to next week. Thank you so much for sharing Im an artist and I really like that. Are you an artist? Roe just hangs out in my head ive never seen her but she is me so i take it we look alike. Atty he looks like a demon but is strangely handsome, I think its his personality hes charming but in a weird way unless i ignore h8m then hes hateful

1 Like

I’m an artist too. I’d love to see some of your work. And I do recommend painting what you see/experience. :blush:

1 Like

Awesome Ill have to try to upload some i haven’t figured out how to work everything in here yet oh i did it , this is old only one i got on my phone

10 Likes

That’s amazing! You’re so talented! Do you sell your work?

1 Like

Yes Im a professional artist. I sculpt, paint, do murals all kinds of stuff, I had a while gallery to myself this month but I lost touch with reality and lost it Im very depressed I wish someone in my family could have let them know what was going on but when they found out they were very nice and said to come by and reschedule once im able to do it and theyd re schedule something.

2 Likes

@HifumiZero Welcome to the forum! That’s a terrific painting—You’re a very talented artist. Sorry you’re struggling a bit right now. You’ll find that folks here on the forum are very helpful, so keep posting. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes I talk to him sometimes for guidance but also he can be mean. I used to have another one an alien named tom but he left me for someone else he said. Im not kidding either. Im also an artist

2 Likes

Even my imaginary friends didn’t like me. Pity party isle 3 lol.

3 Likes

Not another Zero my hero…

? I dont follow unless you are speaking Manga you know Zero? You didn’t decode my username did you?

1 Like