Hallucination or just my eyes playing games?

I was sitting on the toilet and noticed that some of the floor tiles looked like they were moving, getting bigger then shrinking. I’ve only had auditory hallucinations before, is this what visual ones are like or are my eyes just playing tricks on me?

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering the same thing.
Sometimes it looks like the furniture is breathing, or the floor tiles are placed on top of water that has waves, if that makes sense.

2 Likes

idk it could have been an optical illusion, these things happen some times with certain patterns, our brains just cant make sense of them lol

5 Likes

Very common illusion/distortion in schizophrenia/psychosis. Also happens in derealization, which Ive noticed you talked about before. Did drug usage precipitate these things?

I’ve always noticed the same thing in the bathrooms ever since I was a kid even when I had no mental maladies. If you stare long enough, the organ for sensing light in you starts to waver a little bit. It’s nothing to worry about.

The only real thing you have to worry about is a sense of practicality and logic. The rest is just brain stuff, and as we all know here in the forum…the brain isn’t always going to do things correctly. The brain is deceptive, so always search for practical knowledge, wisdom, and logic, so it can’t mess you up.

1 Like