Guitar help

Hey Forum Fam.

I wanted to learn guitar the other way around, Anyone got advice? any sites or good songs to learn fresh as a beginner? …=]

you need to learn to read tablature…the six lines represent the strings from bottom to top and the numbers are where you place your fingers on the number of the fret on each string…it’s easy if you try…just look up guitar tablature and I’m sure you can find some song forums.

Hmm any site suggestions? I already know ultimate guitar. :open_mouth:

I have no idea…guitar tablature is the way to learn though if you want to teach yourself…guitar center offers lessons if you have one in your town…I don’t know if you are in the states or not.

I taught myself using chordfinder.org and ultimate guitar. Fender has a tuner app that works well.

2 Likes

I just finished a 30 day free trial at jamplay.com. You can also get a 30 day free trial at truefire.com. These are good sites to learn on. YouTube is another good place to start. Learning to read tablitarure is probably the first step in learning to play the guitar. Good luck!

1 Like

Youtube 15151515151515

Also try the yousician app if no one nearby is available to teach you. It isn’t perfect but it can be helpful.

He’s put a lot of work into it, so please donate if you’re able.

Learn the blues scale (pentatonic scale with a sixth note added). It will help you learn most guitar solos faster.

1 Like

Hi Gamster, maybe this can help you try to search (musicadvisor dot com) I saw a topic how you can learn guitar all by yourself.
Both of us are just beginners :slight_smile:

Tablature would be my first recommendation, then I would say to learn some basic chords and scales, and eventually work your way up to learning some cool modes and arpeggios. I started off playing simple stuff like Nirvana or Green day. This also depends on your music preference, first real song I learned was stairway to heaven…go figure haha but it’s easy. Are you learning on electric or acoustic guitar?