Grow Up Guys

Yea, I’ve got schizoaffective disorder, but I’m entitled to my opinions. And I really don’t appreciate it when moderators shut down threads that are controversial. I thought this was a support site. So I come here with my concerns and I’m shut out. Thanks for nothing. Maybe I’ll leave for a while.

There are guidelines to be followed. It was a stressful thread, could be triggering.

There’s a bunch of other sites on the internet to discuss those subjects

1 Like

Yeah it’s a support site…for mental illness related issues. Debating whether or not conspiracy theories are real has nothing to do with receiving support for your mental illness. It could on the other hand cause someone to have a psychotic episode, thereby destroying all of the progress made by the support THEY’VE received. And you didn’t really ask for any support in that thread, you just tried to convince everyone that our own government killed thousands of innocent people. Yeah, that won’t trigger anyone’s paranoia or anything like that. I’m not one to have a bone to pick with people on this forum, but you’re mad because your thread got locked…a thread which had nothing to do with mental illness except that it could trigger someone else’s paranoid delusions. THAT’S why it got locked. Not because you’re being picked on, because you posted something inflammatory

1 Like

I suppose one of the guidelines is “No controversy allowed.” Am I right?

Look, if you were trying to convince everyone that the voices are real and being insistent about it, it would probably have the same outcome. Fueling delusions is not on the guidelines, but it is a guideline.

1 Like

I admit it. I was wrong. It just bothers me a lot - this stuff about, well, you know… - my head gets wrapped around it, and I don’t know where to turn to with my feelings about it all. I thought people would understand - I should have made my feelings known instead of trying to convince people of anything. The whole damn thing scares the hell out of me - much more than any delusion ever did, because there’s real evidence for what I’m saying, and I’m not the only one who sees it. And on top of that, I get dismissed because I have this diagnosis - so no matter what I say it’s nonsense to everyone. I’m damned if I do, and I’m damned if I don’t. So screw it. I’m sorry everybody. I won’t bother you again with ANY of my fears.

That’s all you would’ve had to do. Don’t try to convince people that this stuff is real. If you had worded it differently it may have been fine. Like “I believe our government is trying to hurt us” that would’ve been a very different conversation. You probably would’ve gotten responses more like “talkvto your pdoc” “are your meds not working” and stuff like that to try to help you deal with your beliefs. But the way you worded it turned it into a very inflammatory discussion. We all want to support you and help ease your mind, so tell us how you feel. Just be mindful of how you word things. That’s all :slight_smile:

Tell the families of the people who died on those 911 planes that the whole thing was a hoax…good luck to you.

We’re done with THAT conversation.

Aight bruh I tried to be nice to you. YOU HAVE A MENTAL ILLNESS!!! We all do. That’s the whole point. We all believe things that aren’t real at some point or another. Get over yourself, your delusions are no more real than my delusion that clowns were trying to give me parasites. I’m shocked that someone with a mental illness would have such a hard time grasping why what you said might be triggering to others. It’s almost like you don’t really know how mental illness works. You step off

2 Likes