Graphic view of mental illness

Staring into where I was : hell, but somehow, escaped and healed, now just looking into that abyss like, I dare not go back! I googled this image, it’s uncanny how similar it is to my internal landscape

5 Likes

I’m sure many of you remember when the main picture for Wikipedia’s schizophrenia article was this:

That photo always conveyed a sense of hopelessness to me.

I think the current picture (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia#/media/File:Artistic_view_of_how_the_world_feels_like_with_schizophrenia_-_journal.pmed.0020146.g001.jpg) is a better representation of the disorder. What do you think? (Sorry, for the non-hyperlinked URL; as a new user, I can only post one picture.)

3 Likes

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51bbPJWRiuL.SL500_AC_SS350.jpg

7 Likes

care to interpret ?

I feel my mind like this

8 Likes

Potential that’s held back. But maybe for a reason.

2 Likes

6 Likes

This one? here you go, i’ll post it here for you.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Artistic_view_of_how_the_world_feels_like_with_schizophrenia_-_journal.pmed.0020146.g001.jpg

I like this one a lot better. It’s more techni-color and full of energy, the other one was just like a visual image of voices or something. This one is more complex, too! I like this one!

5 Likes

2 Likes

At my best, before I’m ripped to shreds.

4 Likes

this is from my blog entry, im writing about the struggles with illness. i guess this is how i see schizophrenia

5 Likes

This one should be familiar.

6 Likes
8 Likes

LONELY, confused and misunderstood. I don’t fit in anywhere.

5 Likes

Here is another one for me since I talk to my ‘audience’ all day every day as well as answering my internal voice when it talks to me too.

5 Likes

It’s tempting to see it as a supernatural phenomenon.

5 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

do you know what this video is about?

1 Like

Is a music video from some New Zealand artist. Is quite trippy. I really like it. I don’t think it is meant to be demonic as such - just thought provoking. Was filmed in France.

1 Like