Got an appreciation of the benefits of meds

As you may know, the pdoc offered me the opportunity to come off seroquel due to weight gain. For the last 8 weeks I have been reducing my seroquel. It has been hell.

Mostly paranoiaalong with anxiety. If I heard people outside I thought they were talking about me. Cars where there to follow me. Same for helicopters.

Last night it was too much so I went back up to 600mg seroquel.

Things are so much better now. I feel a lot more relaxed. Not everything has meaning and significance to me. For example I just heard downstairs front door close. Yesterday I would have thought it was agents from the department of work and pensions leaving. Today I took it in my stride.

Having had this break from meds I am able to appreciate the benefits of seroquel. The above example gives me clear evidence that the meds help. I had been on meds so long I had forgotten life before them.

I remember now.

3 Likes

They are withdrawal symptoms

I think this is an issue for many of us. I call it the ‘dandruff’ factor . You use an anti dandruff shampoo and the dandruff goes. Over time you think I’m dandruff free why do I need to use the shampoo any more? Same could be said of the APs. One sees one’s present situation on meds as being the way it has always been . This of course isn’t true as unless tx resistant the meds have asserted some positive effect.

1 Like

I just realised ‘asserted’ was the wrong word to use. Still can’t think of the right word-semi senior moment.

1 Like