Good morning/Good night thread

I’m probably not going to at least part of a family get together in the next few months. My sister in law makes it clear she doesn’t like me so I’m not sure why I should spend time around her.

2 Likes

My sister went on at me on the 27th of December. I just walked out the house and didn’t go back until she had gone home. Family can be great but it can be a pain in the ass as well.

@anon84763962 - sorry you are on your own in a hostile environment. Don’t know if it’s the best advice but if I were you I would probably try to come home as soon as possible as well.

1 Like

She’s calmed down now so I’ll stay the additional two days. But I’m taking sleeping tablets so I can just avoid them at night. For some reason the flight management site won’t let me change my flight so I’m sort of stuck here. I guess it saves the expense that I can’t really afford anyway, but it’s not been a nice trip.

I can’t wait to get home. I don’t think I’ll be coming back here in a rush that’s for sure.

1 Like

I always end up having a sense of anticlimax when family get togethers come around. For a decade I simply didn’t attend any - sounds bad but it meant I avoided being upset.

2 Likes

I explained at the time that I couldn’t handle a big family get together. My psychiatrist said I was boderline psychotic at the time too. I was hallucinating like mad. And that’s whe he put me on seroquel so I was sedated out of my mind.

I’m like the broken doll in my family.

2 Likes

Most of my family have little sympathy for me. I don’t think they have even done a google search on psychosis let alone serious study. Luckily for me my mum now gets it all but she is probably the only one.

You know yourself and your limitations better than any family member. Might sound a bit heartless but with this illness you need to be selfish sometimes and put your own wellbeing first.

Especially since if you did do the get together but ended up really ill during it your family would probably get a bit pissed off at that.

2 Likes

I agree with you actually. What pisses me off is that she was even worried about my ability to cope with the family get together.

And she knew because I said just mere hours before that I would organise an alternate get together for Emily’s birthday and she agreed it would be a hostile party. And even she doesn’t want to go.

She’s like your family and hasn’t done any research on schizophrenia. She thinks I should have ect for crying out loud.

She’s so contradictory. It’s impossible to predict how she’ll react to things so I’ve pretty much given up now on talking to her about anything.

Thanks for talking it out with me @Jimbob you’re a good person.

1 Like

Goodnight! Today was a good day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning everyone :sunny:

Today we’re going to the city and I’m having lunch with my sister.

My nephew dropped in and stayed for dinner last night with his new girlfriend. She was lovely.

going to rest. will wake up when you’re all sleeping. then I’ll get y’all!

hairs will be blued! :blue_haired_ip:

Goooooooodmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorning SZ.com

This is not a test this is rock and roll

Good morning, slept lots last night hope you all slept well to

1 Like

Good morning, everyone! :cloud:

I’ve got a test coming up in a few hours. Let’s hope everything goes well. :grin:

3 Likes

Life iz freaking poor …good night everyone…i am tired too…

Good morning everyone :sunny: Today is my last day in queensland. I had a good day yesterday seeing my sister.

I’m looking forward to being home with mr turtle and tiggy.

lol I got rough in women’s rights thread.

sorry Pans and crimby

gunna take a break or sleep. be back later :v:

I just woke up for the third time today, so is that another good morning???

morning, slept on the couch, kept waking up but not enough to move, did sit up once then fell asleep sitting up lol

1 Like

good night guys its just 6pm …!!! i will sleep after couple of hour my med has finished …so going medicine less today …!!!

Good morning everyone :sunny: I’m back home now. I slept through my flight home.

2 Likes