Gonna try to grow some sweet potatoes

i have a bunch of sweet potatoes and i see that u can just do a few things with them in water in a jar for them to grow roots and than you move them to dirt so im gonna use like 5 sweet potatoes and see how many i will have by fall im hoping this works because even tho we get sweet potatoes for free it would still be nice to know that i can grow something

6 Likes

cool! i want to grow my own food too

1 Like

I love a vegetable garden. I haven’t had one in years.

1 Like

One of my dreams is to have a house with a garden where I can grow food. Recently, I got a basil plant from the grocery store and the instructions said to leave it on the counter and it will grow, but the next morning it was dried up. Maybe this happened because I plucked off most of the leaves to use in a recipe and left only three on the plant.

1 Like

Sweet potatoes grew pretty wild in our kitchen one year- and we weren’t even trying!
They were sitting in a glass bowl on the counter top, not even in water. It grew about 2 feet tall, those green antennas, but I can’t recall why they didn’t ever get planted outside in the dirt.

1 Like

Good luck! Potatoes are a great and cheap source of food if you can grow them yourself. When my husband was a kid, his family was very poor. Their only meals were potatoes and eggs (from their chickens). As an adult, he absolutely refused to touch eggs for years. He still loved potatoes though.

1 Like