Going Gluten free

I have good insurance @IndustrialLad.
Maybe I will take the test.
I think that my brother is going to take it.

1 Like

My wife thought she was gluten intolerant. Giving up gluten was good but it was also fodmaps. Try looking up the fodmap diet and see if it rings any bells.

2 Likes

I was about to say this. Fodmaps sensitivity is much more common and easy to conflate with gluten. A lot of people who believe they’re gluten sensitive and find relief in a gluten-free diet really have fodmaps sensitivity instead.

1 Like

Please check out this video which explains the sz-gluten connection in details:

If you’re gluten-intolerant and still having healjh issues even after eliminating gluten from your diet, it could be that you’re eating foods that do not contain gluten but your body reacts to them as if they do. This type of reaction is called “cross-reactivity.”

A paper was published in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology that tried to determine whether the persisting symptoms in patients with Celiac Disease on a gluten-free diet were simply due to cross-contamination (meaning so-called gluten-free foods were actually contaminated with gluten), OR if there were certain foods that actually trigger a cross-reactive response when anti-gliadin (i.e. gluten) antibodies are applied to them. Of the 26 foods that was tested, “significant reactivity” was seen with dairy, (including cow’s milk, milk chocolate, milk butyrophilin, whey protein, and casein), as well as yeast, oats, corn, millet, instant coffee, and rice.

1 Like

Whats ‘fodmaps’

1 Like
1 Like

Gluten free is a nice diet, @Wave try soy milk instead cows.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Which symptoms should improve for those who can benefit from a gluten free diet?

1 Like