Going from abilify 20 MG to rexulti 3 mg

I have been on abilify 20 MG for about two years. I been having command voices to hang myself and cut myself. I also have a lot of anxiety. I saw my pdoc and she took me off the abilify 20 mg. I will start with taking 1 MG of the rexulti for four days, 2 MG for 4 days and then take 3 MG every day.

I am nervous about starting a new medication. Anyone on rexulti and does it work better than abilify? What are the side effects? Any info would be great. Thanks.

3 Likes

it’s a simular drug but supposed to be working better on the negative symptoms

what you describe is how i feel too my friend

I on abilify and want to switch to rexulti when it becomes available in Europe. Best of luck with it. I think @anon68237654 is on it.

1 Like

Oh dear god I can’t imagine being on 20 mg Abilify when 10 mg was hell for me. Best of luck with rexulti, I’ve only heard good things about it.

Yes, I have been on rexulti for maybe 6 months or so. For me it has been much better than abilify, and I don’t have any significant side effects.

1 Like

@everhopeful do you have any idea when it would be available in Europe? It sounds like an interesting med, even though I am doing fairly well on abilify, there is definitely some avolition. From what I read about it, it might perhaps be able to take care of it. Not sure if I am up for a med change and its risks, but this sounds interesting.

Within 2 years hopefully.

1 Like

I’m switching from Rexulti to Abilify. I’m going from 3mg Rexulti to 20m Abilify. Hopefully then I can lose some weight and get some benefit on my alogia. I’ve never been on Abilify but Rexulti is an ok med, no real issues with it for me. But then again I am the exception rather than the rule. I may have some weight gain from Rexulti, or that may be the Seroquel.

I get some sedation on Rexulti which started after a about a year on it. I also had some weight gain. An advantage is that the pill is tiny so you feel like less of a freak for taking it. Rexulti is a thousand dollars a month so you need good insurance coverage or your copay might be too high. I am currently on 3mg and this medication

So far I have experienced insomnia on two MG. I hope that will go away by going up to 3 MG. Thanks for the information.