Getting increased anxiety on abilify 15mg. Surprise surprise

:persevere: :persevere: :persevere:

I might have to go back onto benzos if this continues. I’ve just taken my evening dose of L-theanine so hopefully that’ll take the edge off a bit.

4 Likes

Oh man I’m sorry @everhopeful.
Give it some more time, maybe your body needs to adjust.
I was on more than 0.5mg of Klonopin when I was on Abilify.
Don’t give up the 15mg just yet.

1 Like

maybe it is like the joint pain… just one day. Is it just anxiety or something triggered it?

1 Like

I’m hoping it’ll go away. It just hit me today. Ive been on 15mg for about 13 days now. It takes 14 days for it to reach a steady state in your system. So maybe now that it’s reached a steady state I’m getting anxiety?

But yeah, I’m hoping it’ll go away like the joint pain. :persevere:

1 Like

No I’m going to stick with it even if it means having to take a benzo. I’d rather not have to take benzo again though.

3 Likes

Benzos are not Evil when taken properly.
Smart move @everhopeful.
I wish you luck.

3 Likes

Have you thought about gabapentin

1 Like

The potential side effects of all other anti anxiety meds have so far put me off using them. :worried:

1 Like

Had abilify 20mg for like 2 month alongside the current med and had some bad paranoid from abilify and not feeling normal from it when took it. Had to stop it

1 Like

On the unfortunate side I’m definetely getting unbearable anxiety.

On the fortunate side 400mg of L-theanine makes it bearable for about 5-6 hours.

But if I stay up late like now I have to take an extra 400mg. So that’s 1200mg a day which is the FDA recommended maximum. :confused:

Anyway I’ll see how it goes.

can you describe your anxiety? you are nervous or you have some symptoms or you are agitated?

I hear ya, I couldn’t even handle 10 mg. When I heard my APN wanted to move me up to 15 I practically blew a gasket :joy: Quit right then and there.

I take .5 mg Klonopin when I get the mild akathisia from geodon and it works like a charm. At most I use it twice a day so it’s still a very conservative dose. Bad akathisia I take 1 mg.

1 Like

It feels like a balloon inside me. That’s the only way I can describe it.

Like I said l-theanine works to keep it bearable though. I’m just afraid I’ll have to take more now now.

Anyway I’ll be seeing my doctor in 2 months so if it’s still a major problem then maybe I’ll ask to be put back on benzos…

1 Like

aw really back on Benzos? I have not taken one for a year and more now.

I am anxious too most of the time esp with racing thoughts. My anxiety could be described as restless / agitated / aggressive for now reason.

1 Like