Genesight DNA Test

My therapist told me about genesight.Your psychiatrist takes a DNA sample swab from your cheek and sends it in.It shows what physc meds we are compatible with and which ones we’re not.I had terrible side affects from several meds.Hope this helps:)Hugs!!

5 Likes

All those dna tests which promise to tell you which med to take are bogus.

It helped me and a couple of patients my therapists sees.I was having really bad side affects from Geodon,Latuda,Abilify,Serequil etc…I am now on Lexipro and small dose Thorazine and it helped me.If others meds are helping them,its awsome.Just saying what helped me.For a 20.00 fee,it has been life saving for me and so far kept me out of the hospital.

1 Like

That’s awesome!
Is it a genetic test?
Every ethnicity probably reacts overall differently to medicines

Hi Switz,It’s a gene test to analize which meds are compatible with you.I had never heard of it,till I was talking to my therapist about my frustration with the side affects of my meds.One of her patients tried it got the results from her Dr’s and was put on meds compatible with her.She is doing better.You can ask your Psychiatrist about it,and see what they think.

1 Like

is it good specifically for schizophrenia patients?
Can you take the test if you live abroad?

I know that certain doctors hate on test but i’m still going to do it.

1 Like

anyone know what sort of insurance cover genesight DNA test? I know that medicare is starting to cover for it b/c the cost is to high.