From full metal jacket to.........sewing?

Let me mark this ■■■■ on this right heah…I wanna sew my own jacket see…is anyone knowledgeable at sewing? Clothing design? I can’t afford Brooks Brothers, but here is a coat idea for this winter does anyone know how to sew???

Is a commercial sewing machine really expensive? I’m wondering if I can do this myself…

Something like that would be a very difficult project for a beginner. My recommendation, if you really have your heart set on this, would be to find a sewing pattern that closely matches what you want and just follow the directions. Trying to freehand sew a lined coat like that would be difficult for even someone like me, and I have 12 years of sewing experience backing me up. Good luck!

1 Like

Yes, I make most of my own clothes. But if you want to learn from scratch, there’s a fantastic new website called Craftsy. They mostly teach sewing women’s wear but you can chat with instructors and find out what you need to know.

1 Like

Look up toggle coat men and you will find many in a better price range. Brooks brothers would be nice though.

1 Like

i bought a nice winter jacket today and it is very nice its green with a sheepskin hood and i got £6 discount on it and i thought it was cheap already, i looked at it and saw it had a little nick on the hood but it wasn’t bad or anything lol, i had to take back a coat i bought couple of days ago as i ended up hating that and bought this green one for less than half of that, £34 isn’t bad :thumbsup: