Freedom (poem)

How does a man free himself from all that keeps him in chains. Freedom is a taste that I have never known. I look as far as my eyes can see, delivered from a place of my sorrows is to far for me to reach. Can’t I just give up and let gravity take its course, freedom is something I have never known. Greatness is what I would thirst for, but these chains keep me where I am. Is life more then thine eye can see, is there something more, a place for me to dwell in peace. This journey I will embark on is of the things unknown and unseen, but what would I be if I never tried to succeed. Could freedom be only here and now, I must not believe. There is something more out there for me, or am I just enslaved to a damned destiny. Freedom is what I seek, until the day when my feet fail me, I shall seek until there is no more of me.

3 Likes

Is it a dream or a memory

a line from a Slipknot song. Every dream just becomes a memory after the moment it is accomplished. I have had many ups and downs in my life, I have achieved a lot and also ■■■■■■ up big time and I can say that dreams become nothing more than a memory. I dreamed of making good enough ACT scores to get a full ride to college and I did, but then I went crazy and was in misery, my dream was only a memory to look back on and encourage me to find new dreams to live for.

1 Like

How does a man enslave himself in nothing that keeps him in chains. Freedom is a taste that I have always known. I look close in my soul, delivered from my sorrows is close enough to reach. I can’t just give up and let gravity take its course, freedom is something I have always known. These chains will not keep me from thirsting for greatness. Is life something that the eyes can see, is there something less, a place for me to dwell in torment. This journey I will embark on is of the seen and know but what would I be if I always tried to lose. Could freedom only be here and now, I must believe. there isn’t anything more out there for me, I am free to a blessed destiny. Freedom is what I Shall seek, here and now, I shall seek freedom in the moment.