Figured out pain in lower region at the doctors

she said it was a bladder infection and that I was dehydrated. she thinks its from the lithium since i’m also drinking around 8 bottles of water a day.

Wow! That can damage your kidneys, can’t it? Hope there’s a good solution for that! :heart:

she wants me to talk to my pdoc about it and see what he says. the pain is gone I still am taking the anti biotic. she also wants me to go to the hospital and get an ultra sound of my bladder and kidneys.

1 Like

I forgot, lithium is a salt right? It should be helping you retain water.

what color is a hydrated… dehydrated persons urine? I know blood sinks… bladder infection looks like it contains oil… dehydration is darker and when everythings good its clear…right… but if you are drinking that much water and then a med dehydrates you…

I don’t know I just know when I first got on it my pdoc told me to drink a lot of fluids and it will make me pee a lot.

If you peed a lot at the beginning and haven’t peed since, you might have flushed all the water out. Or you aren’t drinking enough yet.

the doctor said she wants me to talk to my pdoc about switching meds or lowering my meds. she doesn’t know what caused it to happen so suddenly.

1 Like

Lithium can be toxic.
I was on it for years and it gave me Hypothyroidism.
It’s also very hard on the Kidneys.
You have to drink enough water water with it.

1 Like

Take that shiz seriously. Kidney failure is a pain.

Good luck, I hate bladder infections.