Fight my demons

I came across a job lead. Burger king.
They just built a new one in Hazel Crest. Someone that works up there said two people got fired yesterday because they didn’t show up. Plus the manager wants young people. I’ll check it out once i get out of this building.

5 Likes

Do u work @haete …what.s the job…my friend. …

2 Likes

Best of luck, fingers crossed it works out. :sunny:

2 Likes

Best wishes, @haete. Hope you get the job.

2 Likes

Good luck, @haete! Glad you found that opportunity! :blush:

1 Like

I applied. The way the guy is making it seem like he’s going to get my foot in the Door.
He said they’ll be calling soon . i gave the manager my app. Bought some gmo’s(food) from bk too. gave the guy my name written on the bk receipt. because that’s how its done… crazy thing is another job called me about an hour ago. A political campaign job paying $12/hr. He was trying to set it up today but i said tomorrow instead…idk here comes the challenges… My hair and transit fair… and then the possibility of them not calling back because of my ethnicity just demotivates the whole objective.
Will bk call for an interview?
Will flower overcome the struggle and go to the interview tomorrow for Working America?:question:
Find out on the next season of HAETE™

1 Like

Its 4am and was thinking going to that political campaign job would be a waste of time for several reasons

1. my hair isn’t cut( growing locs )
  2. I’m black(. I don’t waste my time when its not black staff member on site. .)
  3. No Business attire( just all black vans,511 levis not denim like jeans and a button up)
  4. Something’s telling me that it would be a waste of time because …In the past i tried certain jobs out with similarities( no blacks)
    Only to find out it was a waste.

Imma just force myself to go.
Whatever happens happened.
■■■■ the hair and everything.
Just to show my higher power I’m trying

2 Likes

Keep the locs bro. Make them accept you for you. Got my locs going, not black, but mixed asian race but look middle eastern or hispanic and get discriminated against all the time here in hillbilly country of Pennsylvania. I just stay being me and force them to accept me or reject me but dont sacrifice yourself or your beliefs. There is always something out there you can find.

1 Like

8 days later.I went to the Working America interview tuesday. Went to the second interview (Wednesday ) and then i started the next day( thursday) . Burger king called back today for an interview today scheduled tomorrow at 12:30pm.
I’m still negotiating. W.A is paying $12/hr but it takes almost 2hrs to get there.bk is a20 min bus ride away but idk if they will. Ever pay me $12-$15/hr .
Ill still go tomorrow just to keep things flowing as i intended. Now its this pretty female in this building but…ehhh… chase the check . never chase a blank-thts what the voices tellin me so I’ll keep my ego before i open my mouth