Feeling aggressive

For the past couple of days, I’ve been having violent and destructive urges. Wanting to hit people, or throw things around, or even vandalize or destroy property. I haven’t acted on any of these urges, but they keep happening. Also just anger, wanting to tell people off, wanting to scream at them and make them cry. This is EXTREMELY out of character for me, most of the time I’m very gentle and pacifistic, but lately these thoughts have been creeping in. Also I’ve been having some minor urges for self harm, I haven’t acted on them either but the thoughts are there. This exact thing happened last time, and I eventually started acting on the urges for self harm, though I never hurt anyone else. Does this count as being a danger to myself and others, or would I have to act on them for that?

That would be a question for a pdoc. I know when I had an urge to commit suicide, my pdoc rated me for lethality, and decided I wasn’t lethal because I believe in God, and I feel that would make God angry if I committed suicide. So, I think they will evaluate how apt you are to act on these urges before making the decision if you are a danger.

When men go on rages its usually due to psychosis or excessive testosterone hormonal imbalance. Bottled up emotions you’ve been containing? Sounds like something in your head is trying to get out. Find out why these thoughts have been creeping in and use meds to settle them down.

Reminds me of what happened to me when I tried taking Welbutrin. Taking any new meds?

Same, weirdly enough. Also incredibly peaceful and pacifistic so I feel horribly guilty about it all.

A psych textbook will tell you it’s manic depression.

I asked one of my voices and they said it was an exaggerated manifestation of your stress or frustration.

As to being a danger to yourself or others, as long as you don’t snap and do it, I wouldn’t worry about it. Like I get the urges but know I won’t act on them. I would suggest telling a therapist about it anyways.

get some cheap crockery and smash it against a wall…
take cares

2 Likes

@darksith, My sis will throw glass bottles against the wall of the old parking lot. She says she likes the audio fireworks it makes. She will then sweep up the glass when she’s done.

@RowanAmethyst, I’m sorry your hitting this phase again. Having felt it before doesn’t make it any easier.

I hate it when my mind want’s to get violent. I’m a very passive and peace loving person. It really bothers me when my head want’s to be violent. It’s usually when I’m so frustrated it gets hard to contain.

1 Like

@SurprisedJ, Your sister breaking bottles reminds me of a scene from a movie called “Haggard”, it’s a weird movie done by the guys from Jackass, but it has nothing to do with their stunts.

I worry that I’ll act on these impulses without thinking, especially against people. Like, I kept having this urge to slap my boyfriend the other day, he hadn’t done anything wrong, I just kept feeling like I really wanted to. That’s when I start to withdraw and curl up into a ball and rock myself, just shut down so I won’t do anything bad. It sucks.

@drewleo34, I did just start Abilify, but this started happening too soon for it to be the meds. I’ve been slowly seeing more and more symptoms over the past month, this is likely just the latest manifestation. Hopefully the Abilify will start to curb these symptoms and make me more stable.