Fanapt-- Does Anyone Have Any Experience With This?

My psychiatrist just started me with Fanapt, in addition to the 6 mg of Risperdal that I am taking. Does anyone have any experience with Fanapt? He said that the only side effect was that standing up too fast could make you feel faint.

I had a friend who was on Fanapt. He said he couldn’t really tell he was taking it. He did fall down one time in McDonald’s.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

I take Fanapt. At 8mg it made my heart race, especially when exerting myself like going up stairs or something. My doctor reduced it to 4mg and that helped. I’ve been on it probably a couple years now so the effect doesn’t hit me as hard anymore that I notice. I take it in combination with Loxapine. No other side effects for me.

Thank you for your feedback. I’m currently on a 6mg dose once daily. Do you take 4 mg once a day, or twice a day? I read in the insert that it isn’t effective until it gets up to 6mg twice daily.

I got to 6mg twice a day, promptly began puking my guts out, had the chills and shakes, and developed a diffuse rash. Pdoc said I had an allergic reaction and yanked me off of it immediately. I hated the drug even before that. Made me feel agitated and listless.