Family history -poll

How is your Dad?

My Dad has depression and I wonder if nobody noticed for a long time. I act in many ways like him and I began to wonder if I have depression and that maybe I got it from him.

1 Like

I donā€™t have any history, but my younger brother has similar symptoms to me so there has to be some genetic component that was passed down. Maybe itā€™s just inactive in everyone else and we got bad luck.

When I got genetic testing done I do have gene polymorphisms associated with sz, depression and anxiety. Where did they come from :thinking::thinking:

I put no but on sperm donors side I have no idea.

My aunt and granduncle have schizophrenia so the disease does run in the family. Iā€™m not sure how I got it but my dad did not.

My dad and i have sza. His sister has schizophrenia so did a cousin. My mom and brother both have bipolar disorder and it is common in her side of the family

The only persons in all my family, including in my dad side and my mother side, who have mental illness are me, my brother and my sister. I suspect that we are ill because we had disfunctional, violent and cruel parents. Iā€™m sure this is what triggered the mental illness for us.

My grandmother and aunt on my dads side both have paranoid schizophrenia, but are not medicatedā€¦so they are 100% looney and accuse my parents of the weirdest things.

My grandmother had depressionā€¦ or it could be SZā€¦ she wasnt diagnosed.

1 Like

My uncle has sz and my family was always saying how much I was like him. Perhaps a little too much like him, haha

1 Like