Falling asleep on the couch

So about once a week I fall asleep on the couch without taking my antipsychotic, Saphris. I wake up at about 2-3am and am unsure whether to take it then or not. It makes me so sleepy that I’m afraid I’ll sleep until 3-4pm and not hear the alarm clock. So I haven’t been taking the pills when this happens. I feel awful the next day. Hardly slept, stomach upset, headache. Should I just take the pill at 3am and sleep forever? Anyone else have this problem?

If it’s not too far from when you normally take it then it’s probably best to take it when you remember. If you normally take it at 9pm, for example, then 3am would be fine.

1 Like

Might also be worth reconsidering your sleep schedule. As sounds like your trying to cram in extra sleep where you can.

My son’s nurse advised that after a certain time frame then to only take half the dose so that when he went to take his next regular dose there wasn’t too much of it in his system. However I would urge to speak to your pdoc and get clarification on how he thinks you should handle this as different medications may call for different procedures.

1 Like

I fall asleep on the couch many times - waking up at 1am or 2am in the morning - I will get up and take my meds and then crash in my bed