Facing my fear of the highway and driving to see much needed friends

yes, it’s true…I am going to trust my SUV and drive to Norman…it’s a little over an hour away but I will have so much fun when I get there I think I can do it. Tana, my old college friend is going to meet me for greek food at noon and then I am going to see my friend Debby my high school friend and later ex room mate are meeting but it’s a sad meeting…her ex husband whom we are all still close with is dying of liver cancer. I will try to be strong for Debby and not cry…

6 Likes

Good luck matey! I do an hour highway drive usually two to three times a week. It’s not bad but you peeps have such better highways! Enjoy your get together…it’s good to catch up with old friends!

4 Likes

Glad for you to be on such a adventure and meet good friends.

I have also got difficulties driving in some places.
I am afraid of getting lost because I can not use a gps.

I used to have a passenger sit with me while I drive to say a city because I wanted to be familiar before I drove there by myself.

I drove interstate with my bf infront with his car and walki talki directing me how to drive.
When we drove through desert land I screamed and sobbed.

No shade or houses …

In my new state I only dare drive to two places but may increase that to three places and I usually drive 80 on a 110 road because the corners are as are.

But if others are in toad I try to drive faster.

Driving license and car is one of the best things to ever happen to me I think.

Hope you enjoy the drive as well as the precious tome with your mates.

:pray:t3::two_hearts:

Best of luck @jukebox

Have a really good time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

When are you going @jukebox?