Exercising before or after eating?

I’m not sure which is better…

When I do it after eating, I get a stitch, even when I wait for a couple of hours! But when I do it before eating, I feel weak and start shaking lol.

1 Like

I’ve heard that when you exercise before eating you tend to eat less but that when you exercise after eating it speeds up your metabolism and the food doesn’t put on as many pounds. Could be a young wive’s tale though…

1 Like

I have type 2 diabetes and I always eat first in order to prevent low blood sugar.

1 Like

I was watching a Japanese loosing weight tv show and they made the lady exercise every day before eating. Also walk 1 hr per day.

2 Likes

Eat a small meal then exercise then eat a big meal.

3 Likes

Have a jam sandwich before you go and eat within 30mins of getting back in!

1 Like

Definitely exercise before breakfast when I am at my lowest weight.

1 Like

Its more a matter of balance. I mean determining the amount you eat and the length of time before or after you exercise.

I guess generally you would not want to eat a huge meal and then start a strenuous work-out immediately afterwords or you would want to run 4 miles and lift weights and then 5 minutes later sit down to a three course meal.

1 Like

I always exercise about four hours after eating. I’m more comfortable that way. And I exercise right before bed. I do yoga and it relaxes me for bed.

1 Like

Generally I’d say after. However if you need to eat before, like you haven’t eaten in hours and you’re starving you shouldn’t work out like that bc you could get sick or won’t be able to work as hard bc your body won’t have energy. So have a small meal or snack beforehand then if you are still hungry after have a full meal then.

1 Like

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

I definitely do not need to lose weight - I am just trying to tone up!

Exercising an hour after a meal is my suggestion.

1 Like