Exercise Can Ease Psychosis in Young People

https://namimc.org/exercise-can-ease-psychosis-young-people/

3 Likes

Exercise in general is supposed to be one of the best things you can do for your body.

Exercise people! For the sake of your health.

2 Likes

I’ve never been able to find a set of exercises suited to people like me who are badly coordinated .

You can always go walking/jogging right? Or do situps, weights, and stretches.

If only i could stop taking meds…

1 Like

I tried walking but got bored walking the same short circuit over and over again due to my poor sense of direction . I also tried the exercise bike but gave up after I put on 5lbs going on it.

That sounds tough. Well, at least you’ve tried things out. Keep trying different things and maybe you can find something that works for you.

The meds make exercise nearly impossible. The only thing you can do to lose weight if you take antipsychotics is take a weight loss medication along side of it. That is unless you’re just a glutton for punishment and you like wasting your time.

I peddle a recumbent stationary bike every day for 35-40 minutes while listening to music (gyms aren’t for me due to social anxiety). It improves my mental and physical health.

I think it’s important to make it fun.

2 Likes

I try to get 10 minutes jogging and 30 minutes walking done for the day.

2 Likes

That’s what I did setting myself a limit of 8kms a day broken into 2 sessions(I’m slow).
It was ok but what put me off was the putting on weight.
Like you I couldn’t go to a gym.

‘’

1 Like

What about 40 year olds? At what age do you outgrow being a young person? Should I start a new thread?

I’m 60,so definitely not a young person. I’ve never been a one for exercise/sports. At school I was useless at PE/sports. It was part of the reason why I was socially rejected at school. It very much put me off such things when I left school.

i could see exercise being nothing more than a distraction from the psychosis

1 Like