European Commission approved Reagila® (cariprazine) for the treatment of schizophrenia

https://www.richter.hu/en-US/investors/announcements/Pages/07-19.aspx

6 Likes

How’s is this drug doing in the us?

I know there’s some people on it here

1 Like

Huckfinn take cariprazine…!!! He seems okay with it…paging @HuckFinn …!!!

1 Like

So what does this mean

1 Like

Its available in europe…good day for u …!!!

1 Like

Does it have a different name in the us it sounds really familiar, is it vraylar?

Yes it is vraylar

2 Likes

I hope this medicine works just as well for some of the people here, or as it does for me.

2 Likes

How bad are the side effects

For the first week it’s mostly stomach issues, but that goes away with time.
People have said they have insomnia and akathisia on it but I haven’t had either of those, although I’m on 1.5 mg.
I’d also like to say that numerous people have said it gives them motivation to do things.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to try it. Been on Risperidone for 6 years now, the side-effects really suck.

Would you add any benefit more ?? Is it good in social behaviour?

It makes me feel more outgoing, yes, less anxious about talking to people.
For your guys’ sake, I hope it works out for you on those kinds of things and negative symptoms for anyone who has them.

3 Likes

I’d be hesitant to try vraylar because of it’s specificity to bind to D2 receptors…for me this means high chance to cause akathisia. Abilify and Latuda also have high binding to D2 versus other receptors and both of them gave me extreme akathisia whereas Risperidone has a much lower affinity to D2 receptors and it caused me no akathisia and Geodon is the same w a lower affinity and only causes me akathisia if I don’t take it w the right amount of food.

These medications with high specificity to D2 are praised because they are meant to have less side effects since they bind less to other receptors but for me this has only brought trouble.

I’m looking for meds specifically with high affinity to 5HT2A receptors. Risperidone has a very high specificity to 5HT2A and was the most effective med I ever took, got rid of all my symptoms, Geodon’s is less high but still pretty high to 5HT2A and it’s been working mostly well. Versus Abilify w much lower to 5HT2A that was not very effective. Vraylar also has extremely low affinity to 5HT2A so I think it would not be effective for me.

I think my issues are more related to too much binding to the 5HT2A receptor rather than being dopamine related, which would explain why my hallucinations are so trippy compared to other people’s, 5HT2A is the receptor LSD binds to.

3 Likes

There are several ADs that also act as antagonists to 5HT2A but do not have nearly as high affinities. This explains why when I have been on antidepressants alone (such as trazodone which acts as an antagonist to 5HT2A, though not a very strong one) my symptoms are more mild and manageable, but still present.

So really if I could find a med with high 5HT2A affinity that didn’t affect dopamine I bet I would be absolutely fine on that.

Some serious detective work going on here!! Fun!!

Finally ! I’m on Abilify since a few years and it really makes me sleepy most of the time. So I hope that I can switch to this med when it will be available in France and hoping that it will make me less sleepy.

Do you feel less tired with this med ?

Yeah, it really helped out with that. Definitely don’t need as much as when I was on Risperidone.

1 Like

Does it also improve orgasms

1 Like

Good to hear ! Now I will have to convince my pdoc, since negative symptoms have been a huge problem for me.
Thanks for your answer btw :slight_smile: