Dream Making a Pie

Dream XXIV Martin making a pie .pdf (22.3 KB)

mmmm, wow, like an O Henry ending to that,

shows people what it’s like. Pie is also all American.
not sure your native land.

I am American. Don’t know O’Henry. I thought the dream was rather flat and without any interesting details except that I am not the kind of person to make pies. The layout had a low ceiling and was rather dark. Funny place for people to be making pies in.

yeah, I thought that was a dream,

were you remembering someone, you think?
I try to write about them too, if I can remember them.

O Henry is just a twist you put on the whole story,
usually in contrast to what has preceded.

The dream came out of nowhere. I couldn’t find any reason for it. It wasn’t about anyone. Thanks for explaining the O’Henry ending. I should know that. My father was a writer.

1 Like

What did he write? I guess the affliction of most writers is manic depressive,

schizophrenics they tell us are like word salad, but yours was spot on.
Sometimes schizophrenics dance, or do visual art more often.

He was known for “Hiroshima”, a report of the effect of the atomic bomb on the people of Hiroshima. Yes, my father was depressed a lot, although not severely. I made a word salad for my psychoanalyst once (1977 or 1978) My mind is clear enough now to allow me to express myself clearly I hope.

1 Like

It’s passed through my mind, some novels, can’t recall all the titles, a bookstore owner, a child adopted and setting out, a man working in atomic energy, I never took it literal though, like history.

Was your father a pacifist? Yeah, I’ve got depression on side, and anxiety on the other.
I guess you don’t know til someone tells you, about the clarity of your writing. I have friends,

writers, mentally ill, they vary in regularity and ease.

I don’t think you could call him a pacifist. More a humanitarian. I never thought of him as mentally ill. Just not able to relate to me as a person as I grew up. I suppose he was too wound up in his work.