Doing my bit to help save the planet

its world earth day today, saving the planet is high on my agenda :+1:

i will be turning off the odd light or two :slight_smile:

You might be interested in the zeitgeist movement or venus project

I plan to celebrate human accomplishment hour by idling all of my vehicles and turning every light on in my home. Will also order some takeout and enjoy binning the styrofoam containers.

10-96

1 Like

does nobody care about this?

seriously i am a big eco-freak and i just love all this stuff

you know i didnt know how much damage i did to the enviroment

and if i can reduce this damage i can hopefully help save the planet

all it takes is little changes

i take big steps though bc i am passionate about this

tonight i took some steps, i lit some candle (which i actually like) i love candle light,
turned off my boiler and fridge/freezer for a while, got my tv off and laptop on the lowest resolution,
if any of this helps mother nature to recover from the abuses of mankind then i am all for it.

if the whole world used the same power as we do now then we would need 3 planet earths to sustain it,

this is one of the reasons i was un well with sz bc of the destruction of mankind, i’m just doing my best now to prevent that from happening and it makes me feel better about it which is a huge bonus i think.

1 Like

I care about it, but I’m not into meaningless gestures. I’m the guy who picks up trash off the side of the highway when I’m out for a walk and who lectures his kid about why she doesn’t need cheap plastic toys.

Curious to know the source of those numbers. If we got over our paranoia about nuclear we’d have abundant cheap energy. I blame panicky tree huggers for our trying to shift to useless renewables (there’s absolutely NOTHING that works right now) and causing sky high energy prices that freeze seniors to death over the winter.

Our biggest environmental issue we’re facing is an uninformed public.

10-96

not even going to argue with you,

i dont think what i do is meaningless, i am trying my best

i want to get an oil lamp,

1 Like

Fair enough.

Fossil fuels and particulate emissions. d00d.

Thinking you’re better off with rechargable batteries, solar cells, and LED lighting (one of the few renewable setups that makes sense).

10-96

Earth hour! Yay!

1 Like

i need to look into it more,

i know about fossil fuels

i used to do emission tests to cars fitted with catalytic converters and if they didnt pass

they would be off the road, diesels as well

i am on the map :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wait I don’t get it? :smiley:

lol, there is an earth hour website and you can get put on the world wide map,

it shows all the people and organisations and things who are taking part,

i plan on making it more than just for one night

1 Like

That’s greats! I signed up so I must be on there too :slight_smile:

1 Like

olive oil is a clean fuel,

doesnt harm the enviroment

and doesnt spread if knocked over

Just out of curiosity, how much gasoline, diesel, and electricity went into the production of your ‘clean’ olive oil? How much energy was used to manufacture the bottles/cans it ships in? The labels? Pretty sure containers of it don’t grow in the back courtyard.

10-96

1 Like

idk enlighten me

i’m turning all the lights off on the ’ death star '… :bulb:
take care :alien:

1 Like

Lots of machinery that runs on gas or diesel. Lots of energy used to move, heat, compress, strain, etc. Lots more energy used to move the product to the stores. All the equipment used in every part of the process has its own massive environmental footprint that needs to be factored in.

10-96

I think the energy you used to turn all the lights off on Alderan kind of negates that!!!

Using your light sabre is prolly okay. LED, right?

10-96

1 Like

Just noticed this is from Bari, Italy. Bari is not far from the farm town my grandparents came from, a nothing town called Candella. Blink and you’ll miss it.

1 Like