Does Sarcosine Help Positive Symptoms?

Hi, I have read conflicting things regarding sarcosine’s ability to help positive symptoms so I was wondering if you guys could please set the record straight… Does sarcosine help positive symptoms? Thanks.

Some limited information indicates that it can improve positive symptoms. But, as an antipsychotic, sarcosine is not recommended as a monotherapy or as a first-line agent for schizophrenia. Moreover, its effects on positive symptoms seem to be more speculative than well established.

I present you with a citation from the Journal of the American Medical Association:
http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/fullarticle/209027

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

According to meta analyses Sarcosine can indeed help with positive symptoms.

1 Like

It is important to note that in those studies, Sarcosine was being tested as an add-on to antipsychotics.

Also, from the study:

In addition to testing more lead compounds, long-term trials are required to determine their functional improvement capacity.

So, it is possible Sarcosine can work alongside an antipsychotic to improve positive symptoms, but more research needs to be done. Interestingly, both of these studies said mixing sarcosine and clozapine can worsen symptoms. I hadn’t heard that before.

1 Like

It helped me a lot it reversed an unknown brain manic brain damage (was 2 months on it), damage on my glutamate system or something caused by lamictal 25 mg, ( anti convulsant drug induced psychosis ), i had this for 7 years, it cured the damage also after quitting. a year off seroquel XR now :slight_smile:

USA USA USA :slight_smile:
JESUS JESUS JESUS :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey far_cry0 how are you doing?

1 Like

Hey what is this? I’ve had quite a few manic episodes before should I be worried?

1 Like

Describe to me what you feeling, and what caused it might be able to give you some advice to take serious and take it to doctor

In my experience yes, my positives have been a little bit less after taking sarcosine, my voices have been a little bit quieter. Also I have a horrible speech impediment but the sarcosine helps that too. it mostly helps negatives but it has a mild effect on positives.

1 Like

I am good zeroenp …!!! i am waiting for next big breakthrough on sz research…!!!

2 Likes

There has been one study done with Sarcosine as a monotherapy that showed benefit.

1 Like

That study is inconclusive at best, and it says so in the conclusion.