Does anyone take gabapentin/neurontin?

Man it makes me feel weird. I take it for anxiety. It makes me dizzy and makes me want sex so much. Are these side effects you’ve experienced? Especially the higher libido.

2 Likes

I took gapapentin for anxiety for a bit and it did nothing for me. But I know a lot of doctors who don’t want to prescribe benzos so they give it out. My doctor prefers klonopin.

1 Like

I just got a prescription for it so I’ll let you know. My doctor told me it can cause weight gain and sluggish thinking.

Yes, I have become stupid. I can’t remember peoples names (like my own family), I have trouble remembering words while talking and I forget what im talking about mid-sentence. The struggle is real.

I took it for chronic headaches but didn’t have the libido side effect. It did make me a little dizzier than normal, though. It also caused a general feeling of something being off, but I could never really explain it.

I don’t think it did anything for me.

1 Like

I was prescribed it for the nerve pain in my back but the only side effects I have are is that it makes me more sociable and excessively talkative like they describe in the side effects column of the research I did on it online. The talkativeness can be real annoying to others as I don’t even let the other person have two words in between what I just have to get out, which is said to be a bunch of nonsense, but it does do a good job on blocking the pain as I notice more of when I haven’t taken it for a day.

Gabapentin made me super high, and really sexually adventurous. I lost my virginity on Gabapentin!

Haha so it makes you horney and super social? Exactly what I need!

1 Like

According to the forums, it’s only girls who feel super sexual. But I loved being on gabapentin. I had to give it up when I decided to make responsible decides again.

Really? Females only?

I’m just noting the trend in this thread. I haven’t done research or anything.

That’s very interesting.

I am part of the small percentage of men that actually got a massive libido increase.

The first time I took a high dose, I was so horny I couldn’t stop having intense orgasms… It was kinda crazy. But then again, I am a sexual person.

It’s not just women. It has the exact same effect on me. I take a high dose for my back and leg pain. It causes me to be more social which I like but it also pushes my sex drive through the roof. Normally I don’t have much of a sex drive so it’s usually a benefit for sure.

Nope. It’s works on guys too :+1:

Does someone take it as a sleep aid? And/or someone on Gabapentin or Pregabalin did you notice better sleep quality?

I take the max dose… 900 x 3… i have energy and drive… focus and patience on it… sometimes i get focused on something ridiculous but its better than being a slug…

Is it strange that @Wkavick707 @Century @BabyCakes and @Mjonoff all just made one post on this forum each and all saying the same thing about libido?

2 Likes