Does anyone make To-do lists?

I used to make them and while my progress in getting them done was very very slow, at least I made progress. I stopped making them and now i do nothing productive really. I might start making them again.

2 Likes

I used to make daily to-do lists most days, but I found I was asking way too much of myself every time, setting myself up for failure. Now I make weekly lists, try to check off a couple things each day, and just do the best I can with it. I don’t consider it failure if I come up a couple things short for the week, as long as I get most of them done.

3 Likes

I have a singular continuous to do list where I list the things that I need to do daily which simply stay as they are, I also list the things I like/want to do and leave them there, and the other things I list are tasks that do not need to be repeated which I delete once they are done; I also delete and relist tasks that only need to be repeated once in a couple of months or so.

If I didn’t have my list, I’d forget pretty much everything, and if I had more than one list it just wouldn’t work for me, so I’ve settled with this method.

3 Likes

I can never organise myself to do and carry out a To do list.

2 Likes

I can write one out but I can’t follow one.

2 Likes

I make them to remember what I have to do for work, nothing for home stuff though

2 Likes

Mostly I put a lot of reminders on my phone. If I have a project with multiple steps or if other people have to be involved, I make a list. It’s very helpful.

2 Likes

The best idea I use to make lists is to make four lists:

Urgent, Important things.

Urgent but not Important things.

Not-urgent but Important things you want to do but don’t get around to because they’re not urgent, like painting that picture or being social or loving.

Things that are not urgent or important either – that you wind up doing while you’re procrastinating the other three lists.

The trick is to plan time to do the things on the third list.

2 Likes

Yeah but have to make a list first.

2 Likes

yes I love to do lists. I’d never know what to do without one.

2 Likes