Does anyone have twisting feelings/movement problems from meds?

Im really scared because online is mixed. Some say its permanent, some say it went away. Most of the information i find on google is lawsuits. Mines very little with my jaw and im 1 month off Risperdal no other meds in system. its not complete torture, but i cant imagine living with this either its too distracting from having a good day and makes me feel depressed. Has this went away? If not how do you live day to day? If so when did you sense it was starting to get better, how long after the med?

Is this EPS, or TD? Over here, I was prescribed with anti-side effect called Artane to counter this issue.

i think its tarditive dyskinesia but i hope not because thats permanent.

That sucks that you had such bad side effects from such a short duration.

1 Like

**I am not absolutely sure-but TD is not always permanent.
My son gets a few tremors and a few other funny movements, but they stop when he takes cogentin. He is on prolixin injections. Hope this helps. I would talk to your doctor first! **

Haldol has bad side effects. My son had stiff right hand after being on Haldol. Now al most 2 months after stopping the side effect went away. I am so relieved. I wouldnā€™t want him to be on Haldol. TD I thought was permanent but I could be wrong. Most anti psychotics have side effects, mainly weight gain which makes patients depressed. I wish they would do some more research and have something which will work for everyone suffering.

1 Like

sorr abou your son, these medicines should be illegal :frowning:

thanks for the little bit of hope lenora. i hope and pray you didnt just make up a positive story to give me the hope, and that it actually truly went away. did it just go away one day or was there a gradual release of the symptoms themself? did it take 2 months to subside or are you reflecting that two months ago it was worse

Dear cactustomato, I donā€™t even remember how long it took for this contracture/arthritis/stiffness took to completely disappear. When it was there I noticed every morning when he came down from his bedroom but over time I just didnā€™t see it ,so I kind of forgot about it. After few days I started really paying attention and I donā€™t see it. His arm is perfect and no signs of it being stiff. In other words it has gone. Many people told me that Haldol has worse side effects, and I am sure there are others who may have side effects from other medications. My son drank water and other drinks while awake and at night when he got up drank more, the result was frequent bathroom visits. Now he is off medications as he had worse side effects. Hope for the bestā€¦ Good luck!

thank you so much for giving me hope. i literally woke up this morning to what i thought was a seizure but it was just convulsions probably tardative stuff. i will keep a positive mindset that it gets better. darn wish i could get to a doctor

Positive thinking and hopes will get you there. You will be fine. I am sure it takes a little time for it to go away. Hang in there. Good luck!

i get dystonic spasms in my left thigh from the injections but thatā€™s about it.

It is a common side effect. I am on clonazepam which helps with that urge to move. ā€œPermanentā€ side effects usually result from using a medication for quite a long time I think. All the best.

I feel lucky Iā€™m on a super dose of respiridone and I have very little side effects. My breast have leveled out to only slightly larger than they were. No stiffness or unecessary motions. No negative symptoms either. Although I guess it doesnā€™t really help with voices or telepathic thoughts either. Oh well Iā€™m quite used to what happens in my head now.

It might just be spastic bad jokeā€¦But do make appt with your dr. Unless you are getting relief from the psychosis, you will want to know some drs are not telling the males risperdal consta shots will cause erectile dysfunction. I was told some couldnā€™t hand shake but it would work good enough for rest after a little longer than normalā€¦You may actually have lactation too and develop raised nipples. Some of the pdocs were not explaining everything about this drugā€¦

Risperdal causes sexual side effects after 2 months on shots sometimesā€¦Stuff is pretty powerfulā€¦

Pdoc will probably just reduce the dose to reduce chance of any TDā€¦But you can try to chant inside ā€˜leave me aloneā€™ for a while to see if this is just a tactile hallucination bad joke. The sexual side effects are bad enough but temporary lasting 6 months after shots cessationā€¦

I had lots of diarrhea with risperdal shotsā€¦Got me in terminated from only good job I had in 10 years. Drs never discussed side effects so I could not defend my jobā€¦

This drug causes LOTS of weight gain which can increase the the estrogen-like effect of this drug and maybe cause more ā€˜gynocomastiaā€™ so ignore the food cravings and ravenous appetite which are common with this drug. There is currently a law suit on this drug too if you wish to look.

the sexual side effects and estrogen come from pituatary tumors made by risperdal