Does anyone else think their therapist is plotting against them?

I rest my case !

That’s because even though there are people in the medical field who should have never been there, most medical profesionnals are NOT out to get you, they’re are trying to help in the best way they know how, and they really do mean/wish us well.
But like I said, there will always be encountered people who have no business working in that field, and that’s why when asked if they’re all saints, the question is no.

Yes…most !

Because many people here had similar experiences and they got better with meds. :slight_smile:

Things go better with drugs, things go better with drugs a cola…

Drugs drugs drugs, against, people people people.

I really hate that I can never just leave it at “I can’t take meds” I always have to explain myself and even after I do a lot of times people still don’t relent it’s exhausting and horrible and brings up so many bad memories. I wish people would be more understanding :frowning:

I there are other things to do besides drugs man

Again, it’s because we’re used to “I can’t” really being an “I won’t”, and the “I won’t” being due to fear of being poisoned or controlled or something else that has no logical basis.

It does suck that you have to explain yourself, especially if it brings up memories, but remember that memories can’t hurt you. Sure, they’re not very pleasant, but blocking them out doesn’t work.
Even a short explanation of why you can’t is better than just repeating “I can’t”, which can make a person seem stubborn.

Like I said, we’re just so used to seeing people who have nonsense reasons for not taking their meds, that when someone comes along who won’t take them, we jump to that conclusion.

1 Like

What country do you live in that experimental treatments are available for children?!? Was it a psych meds?

1 Like

Just ask yourself if what you’ve been doing is working or not. Insanity is dong the same things and expecting different results

@noise you’re under no obligation to have to explain yourself, if people have a problem, then it’s their problem not yours :slight_smile:
Hope you can find a solution that works for you

2 Likes

Have you thought of something that is minimally intrusive? I just have to take 1x olanzapine tablet each night.

There are also injections, for those who won’t, or can’t take pills. Once every 2 weeks, or once a month, and you’re good to go!

Also, 13 different shrinks or therapists in a single year is an awful lot. What made you switch so quickly?

1 Like

Thank you so much it’s nice to get some support! :slight_smile: I’m trying my best so hopefully I can find ways to cope and do better for myself! Thank you again!

2 Likes

Nope I can’t do a pill

I really can’t do needles either.

But 13 shrinks in less than 6 months. It happened for several reasons some refused to see me because of my conditions, others were just a bad fit, and I got thrown out of a couple, and some were just really horrible people. I could go through the list but I’m lazy.

Can you crush and drink pills? Or basically saying no meds any form?

1 Like

Not all, but some of the oral medicines don’t need to be swallowed. You keep them under the tongue until they dissolve. Would that be more acceptable?

Anyway, you’ve talked about struggling with past trauma. Have you looked for a therapist to help you with that? You’ve gotta start somewhere…

1 Like

Taking medication like that kind of scares me cause it’s still a pill and they did something like that to me before so I’m not sure it’d be much better than regular pills tbh.

Could crush and put in food if that makes a difference.

I can see you were definitely traumatized. Maybe you can work with your therapist on getting past that first as others have said. I think that’s an obtainable goal