Does anyone else think their therapist is plotting against them?

You might have a phobia about meds but when you’re trying to accomplish something you need to use the right tools. You can’t think your way out of your own delusions. Therapy can help, but the delusion is the result of chemicals in your brain

Where there’s a Will… what I ment that for was for your pill anxiety. If you want to get results with pills you have to deal with that first it seems. Putting up your own roadblocks to recovery is not helping but hurting yourself

You still haven’t completely explained WHY you can’t take pills, other than it causes you some anxiety…

Is it the swallowing them part that bothers you? And in that case, what about injections?
Do you get paranoid about what’s in them?

You have to understand that it makes you seem just a little reluctant to get help when you just reason with “can’t” instead of WHY you can’t.
It makes it seem like it’s not that you can’t take pills, more like you won’t.
Even if there are real circumstances preventing you.

And regarding your doctor, I really think you should stick with her, and try to focus on the positive things she does for you. And tell her that you sometimes fear she’s going to do something to you, but in a way that shows her you realise it’s most likely just paranoia.

1 Like

I seriously have no desire to ever go on meds again they’ve literally almost killed me before

You can’t take meds and you can’t do psychotherapy… Can you visit shamans? :smile:

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you may have had some bad medical advice from drs prescribing you medicine, but I can’t know for sure because you haven’t given enough details.

Your fear of death surrounding pills is irrational. I was in a terrible accident and could have died but I still drive.

But going back to my first post, if you think you can handle sz without medication either you are not that bad or delusional beyond reason

Ok so like i said i was a guinea pig for new drugs that weren’t on the market yet as a kid and even though I hated it my parents were Hell bent on “fixing me” so i still had to take all these meds and get all these needles stabbed in me. so I associate a lot of injections with that part of my life so I’m insanely needlephobic. But other than all the testing at home when it came to taking pills, which I didn’t want to take cause they were making me terribly ill, my mom and dad would proceed to beat the ■■■■ out of me and force the pilllls down my throat they scare me I have to stop I’m sorry I can’t 5alk about it

What do you mean by shamans?

1 Like

That does sound quite bad and I thank you for sharing. There’s a drug geodon that could help and really brought me a lot of relief to anxiety and paranoia. I actually enjoyed taking it.

I don’t know what your parents were doing with experimental drugs but that just seems messed up

He is trying to give u insight…consider taking medicine … i will root for u …!!!

1 Like

I can’t do it. It hurts I’m scared I can’t

1 Like

I can’t I really cant

Med help me fall sleep too…

Oh, I’m sorry to hear that :confused:
I can see why that would scare you, then.

But like I said, stick with the doctor and tell her you’re having some trust-issues about her because of your paranoia. She can’t help you if she doesn’t know what to help you with.

1 Like

Experimental drugs were free and nothing else was really working so yeah

Just stop please

Thank you I will sorry

What i hate is how literally only one person on this thread addressed my actual question. Everyone else went straight to meds. Why?

1 Like

Probably because usually when people are against meds, it’s their paranoia talking and they don’t really have a reason, so people automatically assume that’s why.

Also, we get a lot of people here who won’t take meds because they think they’re fine without them, even when others try to tell them they’re really not.
So the first instinct has become badgering people with “take your meds”. I do it too.

2 Likes

DARN GOOD QUESTION. I often see people conclude that those in the medical field are all pure saints. They instantly defend them. However, if asked weather or not all of those in the medical field are saints, they say no. They seem to have a split personality.

1 Like

It is not about the holyness of the doctors it is about the delusions and the paranoia which can only be treated with meds.