Do your voices talk to you in terms of your religion?

I found this video recently. It is very interesting, especially the last 15 minutes.

That is interesting. It is important that you know this is not a product of black magic or Santeria. Take what they say with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Voice:You used to be a Christian.
Me: Yep

Voice: Youā€™re not a good Christian.
Me: Iā€™m not any kind of Christian.

2 Likes

Do you ever snap back at them @IndustrialLad . Like get angry with them? If so, what do they do?

Thatā€™s got me thinking @Ninjastar. Why the insults toward western cultures?

The article I read suggested that itā€™s because there is more emphasis placed on the individual in western culture, whereas in the east, each person is viewed as a part of a larger family unit.

1 Like

I think I only really ever get moderately annoyed with them at any time. Maybe because I know if I start yelling and thereā€™s nobody there, I could look crazy. So I avoid getting so mad that I canā€™t contain it. I call them names in my head all the time though.

1 Like

Iā€™m Catholic and my priest tells me to listen to my good entity if it doesnā€™t conflict with the Church or the Bible. And he tells me to ignore the evil entity. So, thatā€™s what I do.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not good advice. Generally, giving a hallucination legitimacy will only make it worse.

1 Like

I wanted to share my hallucinations and that of another I know (albeit visuals).

Ok so I always saw a floating ball. It would be different colors deoending on my mood. So not sure what background I have for that to happen.

Voices wise, when I heard them, was kind of like a support person where they would tell you to take a rest and be like ā€œI got thisā€. Just now I felt like a rush coming up my neck and through the back of my head with the voice of someone dear to me saying ā€œI love you!ā€

The person I know is also a visual and auditorial hallucinator. She sees cats. They kind of float around and Iā€™ve seen them before when ā€œthought sharedā€. The voices I have mot discussed.

2 Likes

One of the voices in my head says that itā€™s the devil. Iā€™m also a Christian. The other voice I hear says itā€™s my guardian angel. So Iā€™ve got this whole demon/angel thing going on.

2 Likes

My voices were doing something like that. The one on the left would be nice to me, and the right one was mean. Then I pointed out how they were doing a good cop bad cop routine, and they acknowledged that they were. Then they changed it up with the good one trying to be bad, and the bad one trying out the good role.

2 Likes

Here is one of the articles. I find this fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

https://news.stanford.edu/2014/07/16/voices-culture-luhrmann-071614/

I am Buddhist and the main voice I hear is an nonexistent Buddhist goddess of intellectā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.