Do you think I could?

Yesterday I thought about taking two meds.

Maybe I can stop the injection and take

• 40 mg of zeldox (geodon)

with

5 mg Abilify ?

Does anybody do this?

You should bring it up with your pdoc. My pdoc said once that some people do better on two APs. I was on two for a long time, but now I’m only on one.

2 Likes

I have never taken Geodon but I have taken two meds at once before and it helped me. Like @anon9798425 said, I would talk to the pdoc about it. Best wishes.

1 Like

Worth talking to your dr about, might help, though I’m not sure about taking only 5 mg of Abilify as an AP. I was once on Zyprexa and Haldol, but that was a long time ago, don’t remember how I did on that combination. I think I did well, though. I remember refusing to continue on the Haldol after a while, hated taking it, was worried about long-term effects.

Do you mind me asking which injection you’re on?

1 Like

i use to take latuda and invega but the invega made me worse. so now i’m on haldol and latuda. two meds worked for me but talk to your doctor about it first,

1 Like

Right now I am on Abilify 400 / month injection

But I wanna lose weight

I’m on that injection, too.

1 Like

have you tried losing or maintaining weight?

Yes, I’ve been able to maintain my weight, but I have to do a lot of cardio to accomplish that. I’ve gained a couple pounds over the past couple weeks, but I haven’t been to the gym in that time.

I’ve only received one Abilify injection, though I had been on the Aristada injection for months, and it is essentially the same thing. Aristada also is aripiprazole, just a slightly different form of it. I get my second Abilify 400 injection on Tuesday.

1 Like

I feel desperate to shed these pounds off before summer.

I think next week I will start walking too. If I walk around 1-2 hours a day for a month + exercise + diet - I will slim down a bit.

I lost 25 lbs last fall by doing rapid inclined walking on the treadmills at the gym. I was going there 3-4 times/week, doing 1200+ calories’ worth each time. That was before I wrecked my back and had to chill out on it a bit. Now when I go I limit myself to around 700-800 calories’ worth. With the amount of incline I use and the speed at which I walk it takes me a little over an hour to burn that many calories.

1 Like

yeah I will do the same =)

1 Like

i just lost 18lbs over the past 6 weeks since my last pdoc appointment. Just diet and some heavy working around the house moving furniture up and down stairs which seems like i have been doing for months now. I cut out all snacking all together and just 5 small meals a day to boost metabolism, Im not on a strict diet just a slight diet of willpower. I am ramping up to my heavy bag and jump rope routine to shed the next 20 and pack on the muscle. I cant wait to fit my clothes again and look good for my wife. I kind of let myself go and started meds at the same time we first got together so i feel like i tricked her with a rock hard body then became a flabby mess after i had her!! I want to be her arm candy again!!!