Do you think broadening cultural awareness is helpful in recovery

I have no scientific evidence to back this up but I think this site has helped me recover by broadening my cultural awareness. So many different races, nationalities, religions, heritages, perspectives, sexual orientations, gender identities, socioeconomic backgrounds, and disabilities (or lack thereof) on this board has helped give me a better understanding of the world, helping me recover.

8 Likes

I think that’s fantastic :relaxed:

2 Likes

Interested in what @SzAdmin thinks about this. Was this your intention in creating this board? Or did it just happen to work out this way?? Were you surprised when people from all over the globe joined this board?!?!

1 Like

The intention was always to provide for a global audience and community. We used to have forums for every major country in the world and language - but they were not used so much, and difficult to moderate because we didn’t speak the languages, so we’ve simplified it. The all English approach is simpler, but it would have been nice to have all the languages and countries.

6 Likes

I recently noticed when my gf is scrolling through the comments section on facebook… if a post is written in a diff language there is an option she can click that insta translates it into English… I have no idea how complicated that function is but I thought it was cool… and kinda fits in with this topic.

1 Like

yeah those translations are horrible… and most do not make sense :o(

are they lol… I don’t use fb so I didn’t know the quality I just thought it was a cool idea…

1 Like