Do you sometimes feel you use depression/anxiety as an excuse in life?

If you’re not functioning and what have you?

Not really as an excuse bit as an honest answer.

4 Likes

I don’t think so. I hope I wouldn’t do that but I admit I’m pretty lazy. It’s just that I feel tired almost all the time so it isn’t a lie.

Yes. I’m always telling myself that something is too stressful and I can’t do it.

To some extent but my social anxiety and generalized anxiety are pretty debilitating as of late.

2 Likes

It’s not an excuse but a reason. Once I realized that it’s not me, not my intention, not what I would choose, it gave me a baseline to work with. I could see my situation for what it is and motivate myself to push from that starting point.

3 Likes

No but schizophrenia i do

i think for me, it is the other way around. I dont recignize my symptoms as symptoms and just berate myself for mistakes i make.

I am much more forgetful than i was before what i call my episode. i forget important appointment dates and my shortterm memory recall is bad. i often get mad at myself for being stupid.

1 Like

I’m like that too.

I also have huge arguments with myself trying to work out if I’m being stupid or struggling… especially if I’m sick… so hard to figure out if I’m sick or if I’m being stupid.

2 Likes

No, because when the situation is good I function and contribute and dowing stuff