Do you like ur parents ? 👵🏻👴🏻

My sister in law complaining how much money they spend and do not work.

They do not even have house rent but damn they make luxury food everyday. Stuff i do not even make for myself. I spend half of what they spend on food per week. They are never satisfied.

I love my parents very much. They have their flaws but I am grateful to have them.

2 Likes

Yeah i think i have moved on.

I am frustrated bc of the stuff they do and say

I loved my parents, even if I didn’t always see eye to eye with them. I just wish I’d had more time with them; my mom died in 2006 and my dad died in 2013. Cherish the time you have with your parents, as they will not be around forever.

9 Likes

I am :neutral_face: sorry.

My parents are not typical. I am just glad they do not do drugs

I love both my parents very much.
I am lucky to still have them around.
They both are very old.

6 Likes

I love my parents but like all humans they are flawed. They don’t always think ahead.

2 Likes

I do like my parents, as well as my step-parents.
I haven’t always seen eye-to-eye with them, especially my mum and her husband, but today, I’m very glad we all did what we could to mend the relationships.

They have loved me when I have truly felt like I didn’t deserve their love, and they’ve supported me no matter how ill/delusional I’ve been.

I love all four of them deeply.

4 Likes

I like my mom but I hate my “Dad” who fled far away after getting my mom pregnant to avoid child support. He could’ve manned up at any point but didn’t.

3 Likes

Here where i am people are freakin lazy and comfy. They dont want to work two jobs or be clever with money and complain all the time.

If you dont like something, change it. :unamused:

I worked two jobs and went to uni while being scz and still think of ways to always improve.

Maybe i am an outsider so this feels weird to me. My other friend’s parents still work all the time. Maybe they need a daughter to be around them and organize. It is not like they have a retirement plan here.

I love em​:heart:️:metal:t5::pray:t3::two_hearts:!

Although the one that is my father on paper I have issues with.
We are not in contact right now cause I thought it best that way.
I felt he did not treat me well and has abused me in various ways.
I have been well behaved and kind towards him but his behaviour is not acceptable.
Others have treated me bad too n I was bullied too.

The woman that raised me I’m in contact with although one of them has not written for a while now.

I have thought that I have another family that is my real family.
Another father that is my real father…etc

I still love the woman that raised me immensely.
My mum and stepmum are so loved by me.

I have thought the mum wanted to kill me and tried but that she still loves me.

The father on paper does not spend a lot on food but he spends heaps on traveling and his girlfriend and other things.

My mum on paper is a brandsnobb but that’s :sunglasses: cool. :blush:

My stepmum who is not with the father one anymore has helped me out heaps.
Gave me place to live etc

I do not hate the one who is my father on paper or his children but I may not think they are very nice people and the way they have treated me is not ok.

Then again way some of my boyfriends friends have treAted me is not ok either but I can not say much about it cause of way they did it.
His parents did it once but were nice after that .
Attacking with invisible weapons n in spirit etc n all of them against me alone.
I do not respect such behaviour.

But I love yo!!!

Some of my boyfriends friends I avoid n disrespect because of how they treated me n hey I was here all alone and vulnerable etc…

Bully losers …

But naaa I am in peace!

I do not actually hate anyone.

I even have love for my enemies.
They are my enemies probably cause they are jealous of me n attacked me unprovoked etc

I argued with my parents and made them angry sometimes and they did stuff to make me angry, but hey, my mom was the only person on this earth who ever told me they love me. And that means a lot. I could argue and be mean and they could be mean to me back but at the end of the day, they are the ones who stuck by me for 30 years with this illness, through bad times and good times when no one else would. If it weren’t for them, I would have been dead a long time ago.

I read long ago that a good relationship is not when there is no arguing or disagreement. It is actually healthy to argue and disagree. It is natural and clears the air a lot of times. You are never going to get along with your parents all the time but that is natural.

I would have liked my parents as people even if they weren’t my parents. Same with my sisters. My parents died years back but my whole family are nice, cool funny people to hang around with and I am very loyal to my family and I feel lucky to have them.

4 Likes

My moms dead and my dads a piece of sh1t

They might have luxury but poor at heart

I like my parents. They both came to my Dr.'s appointment and behaved fairly well.

1 Like

I like my parents, without them my life would be even more messed up than it is now, I am glad they help me and care

3 Likes

I do like my parents.
My dad died in 2013, and my mom, who just turned 81 this month, I would do anything for her.
I encourage her to spend her money on whatever makes her happy. My parents never had much money raising us 4 brats, but they always lived within their means, so now is her time to spend whatever money she has on herself.

I don’t care if she buys 10K shoes, or whatever, it’s her money, so she should spend it whatever way she wants.

Enjoy it while your alive- because if you don’t spend it- someone else will.

3 Likes

Years of therapy as far as I’m concerned my dad never returned from Vietnam and my mums been dead to me since I was three. Been estranged from the family since 2011.

I had very bad parents. My dad were violent and very authoritarian, so much that I was so afraid of him. My mom was negative, cruel and over demanding. Because of that, I used to have a lot of problems with my self confidence, my emotions, anxiety and social anxiety when I was a child and a young teenager and I still have many problems today even if I’m 39. My parents changed radically recently. My dad even apologized. So I forgave them but I still think that because of them, life is a lot more difficult and I’m less happy. I even wonder if they did not contribute to my sickness. By the way, I have 3 brothers and sisters and 2 of them also have a psychiatric condition and take medication. I don’t think this is fortuitous. The only one who is not sick is the one who have been loved the most by my parents.

1 Like

My mom was a very complicated woman who truly loved her kids but never wanted so many kids and had no idea how to raise us. She was damaged, traumatized and exhausted by time I came along. We had a complicated relationship. Now that she’s gone I understand her better and miss her terribly.
My dad was a domineering, abusive as well as neglectful father when I was growing up. He worked like a dog and didn’t want any issues at home. But as he aged he mellowed and was a doting grandfather to my son. I love him with all my heart.

2 Likes