Do you have any interests?

I’ve consistently had to power through things, too. Although until recently, I didn’t characterize it like that. Rather, I saw my life as a continuous trek through loserdom–or rolling with the punches, at best. I have an exquisite life right now, but there’s this expectation that I’m not fulfilling. I ordered this Oprah meditation some months back. On one of the sessions she says essentially, “I’m here to let you know that you are enough…simply because you were born.” The customary me would have never received this message in the past; I would’ve pooh-poohed such stupidity proclaimed about anyone. Instead, it resonated with me, I embrace it, and I play it often.
Sooo…[it’s a work in progress, because I feel so preposterous right now]…
Worthiness is your birthright. That’s what I’m here to tell you. I’m here to let you know, for sure, that you are enough. You are whole, and, complete–simply because you were born.

I have the same problem, whenever i want to do something i give up

Yes kindle is fab love it

Reading, writing, philosophy. I haven’t been reading too much lately, but I have read Paradise Lost and some short stories recently. I belong to a writer’s club, and I enter a library writing contest every year. I’ve also been visiting some philosophy web sites on the internet. Nietszche repels me.

Basketball, football, hockey, baseball, journaling, reading on my Kindle and various handcrafts.

Philosophy is one main interest of mine as well, which is fortunate since I study it at university. Do you know of the Stanford encyclopedia? It is the go-to site to introduce you into topics and debates. I use it a lot to catch up on topics I am unfamiliar with or that have slipped from memory.

http://plato.stanford.edu/

K, so, I projected all my nonsense onto your innocuous post. But in my defense, I hadn’t seen your post about the paperwork and I genuinely thought it was something you needed to hear. To answer your actual question, which for whatever reason escaped me, I’m really interested in a delete button right now. All of the sudden, I’m hella interested in traveling back in time so I can change the future.

No, I am unfamiliar with the Stanford encyclopedia. Where would I find it? Would it be at the local library?

It’s an online encyclopedia, just like wikipedia is - but the difference is that this one is only about philosophy, and entries are only made by actual scholars who are experts on the topics. You can find it by clicking on the link in my previous reply to you.

I love reading books (mostly novels), visiting the library, walking to the flea market on Sundays, coming on this forum, and drinking coffee with my husband. :blush: I also like birdwatching and astronomy.

1 Like

My interests stem round things I can do online ie genealogy,forums such as this, political discussion, looking for and posting articles. Off the net I very occasionally read or attempt a crossword.

I play instruments, paint, and sometimes skateboard

1 Like

I’m interested in exercise. been taking it seriously, lately.

1 Like

My work can be interesting , when you get cool stuff or odd items, I’m always dragging stuff home, then move it on when I get tired of it.

I’ve been having fun with watercolor and I like it =)

4 Likes

I like listening to music and playing guitar. I haven’t played in awhile.

Being unmarried for many years gives me lots of extra money to spend on stuff. I filled a room with toys. You’d be surprised what old toys sell for if you wait long enough! They pay better than the stock market,well better than the stocks I had when I did play the market. Toys are safer too. You just put them in a box and take care of it and 5 years later you can sell them for a pretty good profit. Take that money and buy more,pretty soon you fill a room in your house. I guess fire is a major fear,but if my house burned down I hope I’m in it when it goes!

it used to be art, now i prefer playing piano, internet, daydreaming.

lucky you shelly. i can read but only slowly.

judy

kristina, that sounds delicious. judy