Do you guys still smoke pot?

5 Likes

I only smoked weed about three times in my life. The last time was years ago, it made me trip out probably as bad as if I dropped some acid. So I gave it up forever.

1 Like

I quit in 1980 when I finally realized that was what was making me paranoid.

1 Like

Yeah if it isnā€™t good for you I understand but so many people are SO against it that Iā€™m almost ashamed to admit that it helps me

2 Likes

My roommate smokes it all the time. And he is more functional than I am.
So it doesnā€™t seem to do much to him.

For me if I do Iā€™ll be in the twilight zone with an IQ of 52 lol

I donā€™t smoke pot. It did help me, however Iā€™m waiting until it can be prescribed in a medical setting. It can help reverse nerve damage, reduce pain, and is more beneficial than pills according to a few studies in NIMH comparing marijuana to Muscular Dystrophy medicines, Iā€™ve read it was the only thing that helped certain children with muscle and nerve diseases, plus epileptic seizuresā€“somehow it helps with that. Epilepsy is related to Bipolar which I have. I am not condoning illegal use of marijuana. I am waiting until it can be legally prescribed because I wonā€™t deny that it helped me a lot in the past to recover from epileptic symptoms.

1 Like

I had schizophrenia before I ever tried any sort of marijuana or drinking. I was diagnosed when I was age fifteen/sixteen. I had never done drugs before I was diagnosed. I turned to drugs to cope with the hospitalizations and trauma. It was not a good thing to use drugs however marijuana can be damaging for some people, and brings out psychoactive symptoms in many.

this, it now is not sure/sure that taking zyprexa and an anti depressant shrinks the brain.
that doesnt sound good.
Monkeys treated with haloperidol and olanzapine for 17 to 27 months lost roughly 10% of their total brain volume
http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/articles/antipsychotics-and-shrinking-brain

I can see where youā€™re coming from 21stCenturySM. It does help with depression and a few other things.

In the past 9 months iā€™ve smoke pot maybe a total of 5 times. I cannot advocate itā€™s medicinal useā€¦ because iā€™m not a psychiatrist. I tend to do better without smoking in general.

Yeah it helps me with a lot of things. Though I donā€™t suffer with depression.

Iā€™d recommend just not buying anymore weed. Maybe that is took simplistic. For me, not having it in the house makes it very unlikely. I would have to call my dealer. Its the same with alcohol, if its in hte house I drink it but if it is at the package store it is enough of a hurdle to stop me.

Same goes for junk food.

I legit donā€™t care because it keeps me sane thatā€™s all I have to say. And Iā€™d rather suffer antipsychotic-induced brain damage than psychosis-induced brain damage, which Iā€™m sure is worse. Also, my medication (Abilify) is not a dopamine antagonist (itā€™s a partial agonist) like every single other antipsychotic so Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m good.

I stopped smoking dope and all illegal drugs in 1989. Pot scared the hell out of me even though I liked it much more than alcohol, which I hate. I take doctor prescribed drugs, and Iā€™m sure they have adverse effects too, but that is a matter of degree. Pot messed with my head to a degree that for me is unacceptable.

1 Like

All my friends smoke weed so Iā€™m surrounded by it whether I have some myself or not.

1 Like

Iā€™m in the same predicament. Something I do is suggest other activities to do besides smoking.

1 Like

I still smoke but ALLOT less than I used to.I have my weed and my bong on my coffee table with my computer.Had my heart broken once again.I am 55 yet when it comes to love I dont learn a damn thing.I have been celibate for 16 years I am also one of the youngest people where I live.It is torture being in my skin.I used to be promiscuous and always had something going but I think I fall too hard too fast.

Sometimes when things get overwhelming I smoke it. But it only makes the problem a lot worse.

Well, I tried going without pot for about a week

Feeling: still paranoid, irritable, angsty, moody, frustrated, panic over future, past, and nowā€¦canā€™t stop pacing, happiness fading, malcontent spreading, I am anything but the mellow me right now, keep canceling plans, keep talking back to peopleā€¦

I wonder if the fact that I started young and kept smoking through adult hood somehow made me become tolerant to the awful symptoms everyone else here speaks of.

I also wonder if the fact that I smoked while taking my antipsychotics led to some kind of interaction that I became adjusted toā€¦

.i miss it, but alas I have no money and the city Iā€™m in has banned deliveries and dispensaries in their ongoing efforts to keep medicinal cannabis a crime to patients/providersā€¦that old saying, youā€™re not paranoid if theyā€™re really out to get you.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.