Do you guys ever want to get married or has already married?

Mr. Star requires a lot of alone time too. When I first moved in with him, I told him that at any time, he could ask for alone time, and I would respect it. We each have a room in the house that is entirely for us, and we can retreat to it whenever we want. I also have a high need to travel and visit friends, and when I am away doing that, he gets all the alone time he needs. It works for us. Some girls like a man who needs alone time. You’re probably right that it wouldn’t be ideal for kids, but those don’t have to come with a marriage.

2 Likes

That sounds like a great relationship. I would like a soulmate but I feel my character flaws might make this difficult.

I definitely understand that. I had to work on myself a lot before I was ready for a relationship. But still, I am crazy, easily overwhelmed, and I have unexpected outbursts of anger at random times. I have a lot of trouble holding a job, and am not able to support myself. If I don’t have social outings at least three times a week, I become a miserable person to be around. But nobody’s perfect. I think there is a balance of being able to know which flaws need to be addressed, and which ones you just have to learn to accept as a part of you. Because, as they say, you can’t expect someone else to love you until you can love yourself.

1 Like

Well put ninja star

1 Like

If I met the right person I couldn’t connect with them because of poverty of speech. Im waiting on that to get better, then I can be interesting, open and charming for the potential spouse.

2 Likes

I have never been married and have no boyfriend or date at the moment. Not seeking one either. I never had trouble finding a boyfriend…but I did have a tendency to seek out (or attract?) narcissistic types.

So right now relationships trigger me too much. And I still have a lot of recovery work to do. I’d rather focus on my own recovery, and getting better at caring for my son and developping closer friendships for now.

I’m not sure if I’ll be ever ready for marriage. But it’s not for now anyway.

I have been married for over 20 years and have been trying to get out of it since 10 minutes after the wedding
I can’t escape yet but I am going to . I am under the control of this one. I understand why now, I have figured out the whole scheme. The spouse refuses to allow me to divorce but i will, in less than 1 year. I will walk out and be free.

Only 16 but would love to have a non organised one someday.

Was married got ill she left me.
Havent met anyone since.
Still would like the company.

1 Like

I know quite a few nonverbal folks who have found relationships. Have you considered getting an augmentive device? You don’t seem to have trouble typing. It might help you communicate. Lots of kids seem to like the app proloquo2go. Getting an iPad with a good app is much cheaper than getting a whole dynavox system.

I have been with my partner for almost 8 years, we want to get married but if we do I could lose my ssi, Medicaid and food stamps. I was with her before I got sick and she stuck by me after.

I’m engaged to the best guy I’ve ever met :slight_smile: he knew I had SZ when he met me and he still wanted to give me a chance. He’s very supportive of me. There is literally never a time or a situation where he isn’t there for me. We have our rough patches like all couples but at the end of the day we never go to bed angry or not on the same page. I love him and honestly there are times I think he deserves better than me, but I don’t know what I’d do without him. He’s my whole world

2 Likes

I feel like a potential spouse would be turned off by that, maybe if I was as intelligent as Stephen Hawking I would stand a chance. Before I got schizophrenia a yr ago I was so talkative and I could be charming if I wanted to. Now people I know who speak my language as a second language are more engaging than me.

Welcome to a prison larger than madness, marriage.

It’s hard to get married when you have no interest in sex or the opposite sex at all for that matter. Compliments of the antipsychotics

I make my own luck.

Edit: Married for over 16 years with one kid, 15.

I was married for 10 years to a Borderline Psychopath.

Predators and Emotional Vampires are drawn to me because of my highly sensitive nature.

My life with her was good in the beginning but deteriorated quickly over the years.

She stole from me, cheated, lied, manipulated and even assaulted me a couple of times.

I am just glad that I am no longer married to her.

Congratulations! With that attitude, you’ll be single forever!

Seriously, have you ever heard of Carly Flieschman? She is an entirely nonverbal autistic woman, but she now has her own talk show, because she didn’t sit around with a defeatist attitude crying about how unfair life was to her. She had a dream, and she pursued every avenue she could find until she got it. She did all of this without talking.

3 Likes