Do you feel being a little psychotic increases appreciation for music?

Well, if we can’t smoke weed to “feel” the instruments…

Maybe when we’re on a low dose meds we can feel music better?

I’m making songs on FL studio and wish I could listen to them stoned to improve them

1 Like

There is such a wide variety of music posted here, I’m inclined to say yes. I have FL studio as well :slight_smile: No need to be stoned, just close your eyes and breathe :blush:

1 Like

I do im a little psychotic now and I wanna listen to music more

1 Like

Music is great fun…

2 Likes

Yes, I definitely agree with this. I don’t even have to listen to the music, I can hear it in my head very loud.
I have had a lot of KoRn stuck playing in my head lately, which is okay with me, because I do enjoy them.

1 Like

I have bipolar and I notice I enjoy music more while manic or depressed…When I’m stable I think about the music too much.

2 Likes

Me too, I listen to music more when I’m manic especially.

1 Like

I used to make a lot of music with similar software (Reason) before the onset of sz. I often smoked pot while doing so and thought it helped me in the process.

During psychosis however, intrusive thoughts seem correlated to emotional involvement of any kind, and specifically flare up when making music. These were initially very upsetting. Because of that I stopped making music during my first psychosis. I gave up my hobby for years, until about half a year ago. Nowadays I am at a comfortable dose of medication, haven’t smoked pot since the onset of sz, and to be honest, I like my recent music better than the stuff from before the ‘break’.

Music, including the stuff you’re making, does seem more intense to me when psychotic - but the intrusive thoughts that came with it were not worth it to me.

1 Like