Do you ever miss your delusions?

I do, all the time. I made an agreement not to talk to them/hallucinations but man, I miss them dearly. They were the only friends I had. I feel alone in this big scary reality where I’m not majical or the demon slayer.

At least if i was scared here, they’d always be around.

Sorry TMI

7 Likes

I really miss seeing Mr Schrodinger everywhere :slight_smile: He’s my cat. Or the name I call my cat when I see him and he is not there. I don’t know why I miss it. He was usually doing something naughty…

I don’t miss my paranoid delusions, no. I don’t miss the mindreading and telepathy, no. But, if my helpful entity were to disappear, I would miss Him, yes.

I don’t miss them,

But you know when your living in your head for a extended amount of time and get out of it/
It’s a hard thing beginning to translate back into life you know, etc

Schiz kind of comes the world that they know.

I kind of miss the angelic voices. Was comforting feeling watched by them.

So alone now. Also depressed from antipsychotic withdrawal. It’ll pass.

I kinda miss my angel voices too, they were comforting also. I used to think i was an angel for children you see and would proclaim this proudly in public. Unfortantley people thought this was perverted and had to move town for being accused of being a pedo, when all i said i loved children in a family setting and wanted to bring up my own daughter properly. So its best left alone now im medicated - but the angels sure did help when i was on my own and isolated myself for days… What is wrong for a bloke to say they love children anyway? People had to pervert it and make out it was something sinister! If i was a woman and said that nothing would have probably happened!! I even tried to train as a Nursery Nurse in a creche but the SZ stopped all that…

Yeah, like I miss getting kicked in the nuts when I was playing tackle football as a kid.

1 Like

95% of them: no. I am generally in extreme terror of being the worst person in the world and going to hell and my child being tortured. So. Nope.

5% is euphoric though, experiencing immense love and faith and sparkling nature and Gods hand in everything and the interconnectedness of all. Yes, I miss that. The feeling of love.

I miss the psychotic mind which is full of possibilities & powers. I dont miss paranoia though.

2 Likes

its weird but I do miss Alien sometimes… even tho he was hard on me… funny how these things are!

1 Like

I miss Annette too. how often Alien appears?

It is totally random. Alien comes and goes as he wishes, but not every day. Recently I had a long few days without a single intrusive thought let alone a voice.

mine too. totally random.

I miss my psychotic mind so much that I seem to have spent the rest of my life trying to get back there. It was “hell”, truly, as I wrote at the time, but it seemed to me to be, concurrently, and often subsequently, to be more real, true than my normie experience subsequently. I feel I live a normie dream, where I am one person as opposed to two or three. When I was psychotic I felt I could see that there were one, two and an universe of us/me. These days I have largely given up getting back and just read Pans when I can.

Absolutely,

Its the biggest reason I’m not med compliant.

When my delusions go away, I’m lonely and I don’t feel like myself.

Some of them are terrifying,

But those are worth putting up with for the sake of the few I’d miss.

1 Like

I still have all my “stuff”, but at a lesser degree now than when I was young.
Delusions are exhausting, trying to decipher what’s true or not and so not to react toward the people around me when my thinking’s muddled. But my hallucinations are an integral part of my experience of life. Cut out my hallucinations and you cut out part of my vital organs, so to speak, and I die.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.