Do you ever forget your illness completely?

Is it ever entirely gone from your mind, and for how long…?

2 Likes

Nope mine sticks like glue.

It flares up and down

2 Likes

i am obsessed with my illness even when I am mentally well…

1 Like

Illness? What illness?.. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah because I feel fine.

2 Likes

Nope it changed my being

1 Like

I usually forget my illness, but when i start to talk, people ask me: Are you crazy? Haha :laughing:

My life sucks so much…
I never forget, I never have this option.

Sometimes yes when I’m distracted with something. But not for long as I take meds twice a day and then it reminds me of my sz.

1 Like

plenty of distractions: playing basketball, eating something tasty, watching a movie. only time I think about sz is in stressful situations, like meeting new people, being in a crowd, stuff like that.

What illness?,

4 Likes

Yea meeting new people is a big reminder. Sometimes I think of what I did in a psychosis and that reminds me how sick I’ve gotten from sz. Sometimes I’ll smoke some weed and forget I have it but it’s not a solution. Only time I forget about it is when I’m watching tv or thinking critically.

It’s tattooed to my forehead.

3 Likes

No, i suffer every day and i am feeling too much my symptoms in a way of some kind of obsession i guess since years. I hope it can change one day…

When I am struggling in some way because of sz, I am reminded of it… Often when I need a break from something like a break from homework or a break after doing only a few chores. Or when I’m not being productive in any way and wish I could be doing something… My wish is simply to be more productive all the time.

1 Like

I don’t call it “illness”, but that’s semantics. I am all too aware of my disability/disorder. It affects everything, inside and out.

1 Like

No think about it everyday

When I forget about it that’s when I get in trouble. But I am constantly reminded.

it’s fresh for me,thinking about it all the time,not when i sleep - this is why i sleep a lot,i guess i m depressed

I try not to think too much about it. I’ll drive myself insane or depressed if I obsess about it, and it’s not like it’ll go away anyways.

I think the trick is to accept that it’s there, and learn to live with it.

1 Like