Do you care about material possessions?

I’ve been poor my entire adult life. I know what gets me through and what doesn’t, and material things have never been a part of what makes me happy.
Recently, I had to evacuate my house because of a fire. I packed photos, a few clothes, two rings that were my mom’s, my husband’s computer, and my cat… :heart:
Even if I had a lot of money, I would use it for a purpose, not to gather stuff.

3 Likes

i love nice things but overly expensive make me feel guilty.

I have personal belongings that I enjoy.

I love artsy things.

judy

2 Likes

I like material possessions. I loved all my material possessions when I lived alone in my studio. I’m 55 years old. I spent years living in group homes where I had nothing except a few personal items.

But then several years ago when I lived in my studio 6 years, it dawned on me one day that everything in that studio was mine. It wasn’t rented or borrowed furniture. It was all my mine. I loved it. I had my own pots and pans, and my own bed and dresser drawers. I had tons of C’D’s, a bookcase filled with my own books, my own sheets. etc. I have to admit, I loved all that stuff. But I had to give 90% of it away when I moved out of there. Now I’m in a small room where I can fit hardly anything, so I just have a few possessions. I’m not losing any sleep over losing all my stuff, I liked having all that stuff. But I’ve accepted my new digs.

I am very attached to the gifts my students gave me. I have a lucky bouncy ball, a My Little Pony figure, a marble, and a very soft blanket. These are my most valuable possessions. And now my wedding ring, too. That one is actually valuable to more than just me though.

1 Like

Yup, if I lost everything else, I’d be OK, as long as I had my hound for companionship (or in my case my foofie 6 lb lap dog) :dog::heart::blush:

1 Like

thats a hard question, i like to look good but it is hard esp now that i have gotten so big, my phone, my glasses (sometimes) when i was at college i bought a really cool parker pen and i loved it.

I have always been a very grateful person. Very grateful and very generous. Regardless of how much or how little you have, gratitude helps you enjoy it. I have never been in the 10K watch league but I did have a $1500.00 watch at one time. I had a 5 bed,4 bath home custom built with granite, hardwood and all the accompanying furniture etc…I had nice jewelry and relatively expensive clothes. I was very grateful for it and I really enjoyed it. I was also very giving and very charitable. I didn’t spend my last dime on nice stuff. I could actually afford it at the time and had plenty left. Honestly, sometimes I miss it. What I miss more is not worrying about anything, including money. Now, I have all my few remaining belongings in plastic bins in my Dad’s garage. My little closet is 1/5 the size of my old closet. I’m very grateful for my little bedroom I stay in and my remaining belongings. Some people who have expensive things are still grateful, kind and charitable people. Having and enjoying wealth and/or having nice things is not synonymous with selfishness. There is (obviously) nothing wrong ,as well, with choosing to have nothing to do with the above.

1 Like

I like the sound of that: hippie crafts men ship. :slight_smile:

I dont wear jewelry and not even sure if my ears are pierced anymore.
I just dont buy jewelry because i spend my money on food, bills and my horse and petrol and I just dont have enough money to buy such things and i prioritise food and paying bills etc .

I buy most of my clothes from second hand.
I dont think I in person understand expensive fashion, designs and brands etc.Maybe i could understand it in spirit.I think it might get pretty nasty such things.from what ive understood.
But I could not afford them and maybe thats why. But I dont read magazines either and never have read fashion or gosspi mags but read better homes and gardens every now and then.
I might of been prioritising my food and my horse and her agistment and food.
I love my car and having car and licence . i failed so many times and worked so hard for my licence.many many years so I care very much about my licence and having car to drive.

If I could afford a clean motorhome or cozy van with bed and fridge I might of moved in there instead of apartment.
Because I do want to get away from the people connected to apartment where i live.(although they seem to stalk me perhaps in different names of who they are etc)
I lived in my car for 3 weeks due to this but even my car is connected to these people.
Feel like i have my own place to sleep and be even if it is a van could be nice.
If I could chose place to live it might be a hobby farm close to water and forest and with some animals etc.

I am disabled.and I am not able to do most work in person. One reason is I think i get set up and attacked in spirit etc.
But I still have independence in my opinion. In reality as i see it anyway.

But I think I appreciate what i have and my material possessions.

I think one can love things.:heart:
I love my food and i some times say so out loud before i eat it :slight_smile: "i looove youuu "

In my reality I make my own money ( but not in person ) (but my energy particles and spirit workaholic etc) and im not out to take any one elses and if i marry i would want a cool understanding level on these things.

Maybe one can maintain and care and love for the material posessions one has.

There are other things I think i value more such as . love , real loved ones and my own eons in who n all i am and some other things.
But its a part of life…Food, clothes, home, car etc

Some one I know made me slippers ( i wear them almost daily) and ihave other posessions that i can take comfort in.
It can make a person happy to see something they own and be able to use it and know its theres.
It can give a feeling of security and ease to know one has somewhere to sleep and or food to eat.

My sleeping tablets gave me comfort last night as I took half of one to sleep.

I love coffee:blue_heart:. I care about drinking good coffee.

I care but im not stuck up or nasty about it in my opinion.
But I do care to have good food, shower , my horse…

I do at some times say thank you for who n all i am and for all i have to be thankful for.
But im not religious but i might still like to say thank ya .

I don’t like things that are expensive just for the sake of it, eg the Rolex does the same job as a $30 watch. A designer t shirt is still a t-shirt.

But I do like expensive books and media (music / films).

1 Like

Did you see Kanye West’s white tshirt? :cry:

I’m more into consumables. Pizza , milkshakes, burgers :yum::blush:

I did. Absurd.

I might be bucking the trend here but I really like my possessions. I’ve collected a houseful of things that I really like, mostly from second hand shops.

I’ve grown attached to the things I have and I would hate to lose them.

I miss my possessions when I go away to visit my mum. And I instill human emotion onto them.

For example, I bought a purse on the weekend. I had wanted this purse for over a year. I kept going to the store just to hold it. So i bought it with my birthday money.

The very next day I returned it to the store and got a refund because I love my current purse so much and I worried it’s feelings might get hurt (it’s a bit more complex than that but that’s the best way I know how to put it).

1 Like

Lol!! You’re a sweetheat B

1 Like

Kanye t shirt is a joke!

My friend told me Adidas Ultra Boost trainers were the most comfortable in the world. So I looked on eBay and other auction sites and they are being resold for $400 just because Kanye wears them!

The Kanye curse!

1 Like

I think my croc shoes with a slight heel are really comfortable.

One can buy such shoes second hand even as new if someone got wrong size.

I once had a red blancet with smiling Suns,moons n donkeys etc on it.
I adored this blancet but gave it to a dog that was my only friend at that point in time.