Do you believe in recovery at all?

I am a recovered sza. Although I don’t work a paid job, I do work in a volunteer capacity as a legionary in a church organization. I visit with people and make social calls in my assisted living center, where I live, as part of my volunteer work. I also make phone calls to other legion members. I also lead prayer groups on a daily basis. I also operate a personal outreach website.
I live alone, with my cat, in an apartment, in an assisted living facility. I do yoga, meditate twice daily, and play keyboards everyday. I also pray several times a day. I read on a daily basis. I surf the internet and maintain my website. I call my friends on the phone, and visit with them in person, on occasion. I live a very full and happy life with sza. I am free from psychosis, depression, mania and anxiety, on medications.

1 Like

I prefer numbers over socializing. It has its drawbacks. It’s my personality and I can’t really change it… It’s hard to get a job that I enjoy because I have cognitive decline. I’m only 27. I want to do accounting or be an actuary. Both professions are tough. Right now my head is foggy and I can’t focus. I can’t even manage my money effectively to save for the future. I’m focused on the now. I have delusions and paranoia. I think I’m in a time loop that’s been going on for a long time and that I’m perpetually schizophrenic.

1 Like

I believe that recovery is possible, but realistically, I think one has to have safeguards in place just in case another relapse (especially major relapse) occurs. One would need to make sure all there ducks are in a row so to speak.

Guess it just depends on the person I still believe half my dulsion are real because they’re with real people but then there are some I know have to be dulsional because Trump can’t possibly be the devil for me this all started at work I took risperdal for 6 mons 2 mg a day then I went off them it’s been six months now that I have been off but everyone says I should take them so I’ve been thinking about going back on them my therapist says I could work again if I wanted to that I probably will never have a psychotic episode again and I say that’s because I’ll never be on undercover boss again I will never work for another company in my life I will have work for myself

1 Like