Do you agree with my psychiatrist?

Europe is mostly a walking place. You can wander at your own pace, attend an opera or show, or just sit by a body of water and stare. I did it by myself in my teens, not the most difficult. I think your psychiatrist is right to push you. I’m just recovering from a fever and get dizzy from standing up. It’s my third week like this and I just got so sick of it I’m going out and living my normal life and largely just ignoring the symptoms. Staying at home will not make you better. You may not get another chance. If you never fully recover again would you just lie in bed your whole life…? Just sit on the airplane and do sitting activities in Lisbon. Better than wasting the ticket. What you have is probably not schizophrenia so it seems difficult to treat. I hope you get it resolved…

1 Like

Actually I worry more about my job than my trip because my job is more important than my trip.

The worst case scenario if I go to my trip is if it is too much demanding, so my condition doesn’t improve while I’m in Lisbon, and then I come back not able to work at all and then because of that I lose my job with no work insurance at all.

Even worst, I could not be able to do anything while in Lisbon because of tachycardia and I could even end up in a hospital in a foreign country.

My condition even not have begun to improve since September 7, so it seems there is a danger I could lose my job if nothing change in the next 2 weeks.

If I go to my trip, I will not see my psychiatrist again before beginning my new job, so all I will have is the hope that my condition will improve while in Lisbon because I will not have a chance of having adjustments in my medication.

You have good arguments. This is really a difficult decision to take. So much that I need the advises of others, and some say that I should go while others say I shouldn’t.

I am affraid of losing my job because I will start my new job only in 2 weeks and I got no improvement at all since 2 weeks and a half. :frowning:

I want to do everything I can to save my job and I feel like going in a trip is not going to help that.

What is the medical care situation in Lisbon? Is it bad? Are you going to get stuck with a big bill? Do you believe your health is at risk, or do you think you’ll be physically safe, but feel bad?

Do you think you will get better at home? What is the doctor potentially going to change if you stay home vs if you go?

I think that I would just mostly feeling not well in Lisbon.

Actually I cannot walk so much or be standing up for a long time because of the tachycardia that makes me totally exhausted. I guess that in Lisbon I would be mostly walking and be standing up most of the time. I’m worrying about that.

I was thinking that if I stay in my apartment resting all the time, I would have more chance to get better quick, but I may be wrong. After all, it would be the first real trip in my life so I don’t know so much what it is to make a trip like that.

I am really affraid of losing my job so I want to take the decision that will give the better chance to not lose it.

Travel is tiring. However, I’m not sure whether rest will help you, because if it hasn’t in the last few weeks, I dunno what will change in the next few.

But I’m not in your shoes, I don’t know. If you literally could not enjoy anything even if you went, it might not be worth it. But if you could at least enjoy sitting on a plaza, or eating at a restaurant or maybe even going to a museum - might be worth it.

2 Likes

I think a trip has as much a chance of helping you heal as hindering it, if you spend it wisely and don’t push yourself. Staying at home doing nothing has never helped me mentally. I’m operating under the impression that you won’t see a miracle cure in the next two weeks. Do you think there’s a way for you to overcome your symptoms enough to attend work in spite of them? Be patient… Chances are it’ll take more than two weeks before the doctors prescribed you anything new and thats why they recommended you just go. They probably wouldn’t say that if another visit in a week would change things… Can you do work from home?

2 Likes