Do u feeloke your mess r causing more harm than benefit?

I used to take haldol and I swear it caused more harm than good. Fortunately now I take s different med. wow what a difference! I’m just looking for some feedback on whether your meds r causing more harm than goiod.

Some of them definitely did. I got permanent rapid cycling mood swings from one. But they are under control with my current AP.

2 Likes

Yeah haldol was hell on earth for me too.

1 Like

Gabapentin causes more problems than it solves for me. It stops my panic attacks, but makes me manic and hypersexual.

2 Likes

Had a similar effect for me. Where I live folk abuse it because apparently when taken with methadone it equates to a heroin feeling.

1 Like

Most of my life with schizoaffective I have refused medication for that very reason. I was over-medicated from the day I was diagnosed but once I got fed up with that I took a different approach. I control my living situation and that keeps my symptoms at bay with less difficulty than I had with meds. But it’s been helpful that I’ve been a homeowner for 12 years and therefore can take control of my environment. Though, I take Lithium for depression now. It reduces my sex drive, makes my hair break off and gave me tardive dyskinisia, so now I have to wear a grind guard during the day BUT I still feel that this medication has done me more good than harm; I don’t feel that way about the anti-psychotics and such. The spark was gone and I had nothing to live for but I also didn’t have the energy to do anything about that.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re on a different med, first generation ones are significantly worse when it comes to side effects than second for most people. (Weirdly I have found very lucky people who get minimal side effects from first generation though)

For me I did end up feeling antipsychotics were causing me more harm than benefit. I would’ve stayed on antidepressants but I developed health issues that basically ended up with me having to go off all meds to try to solve them and figure out what they were.

I don’t think life on Haldol is any kind of life at all, for me. It totally deadens me. All the typical anti-psychotics do that to me.

Thanks for the feedback guys!